Gigabyte manufacturer's "approved memory" - Should I Believe it?

fruees

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Hi guys, After looking at my Mobo that i'm going to buy, i couldn't find my RAM on their approved memory list. Here is the list:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-x48-ds4_1.3.pdf

The mobo I want to get is a Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4. The RAM i want to get is Corsair 4GB DDR2 XMS2 PC2-6400C5 TwinX (2x2GB) (2 pairs for total 8Gig).

I couldn't find that RAM listed, even though the list does contain some other Corsair RAM - could it be that the list is just out of date? Sorry, I'm a complete noob so i don't know how worried i should be by this..... I really don't want any f**k ups before I have even started. The 8Gb that IS listed is GEIL 8gb Black dragon, but I have read that it is pretty out of date and inferior to the corsair. Please help guys because I need to progress with the build!!

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
The list means just that the motherboard manufacturer has tested the ram to be compatible. It doesn't mean other ram won't work. Most likely, it will by trying each stick of ram in each slot and setting up ram specs in bios before installing the rest of ram.

TRENDING THREADS