Can't Wake Up Computer

thud_25

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Hi All,

After accomplishing some very mild overclocking of my i7-920/Megabyte UD5P I am having trouble regaining control of the computer after it goes into "Power Save" (I'm not sure of the correct technical term).

When I leave the computer for a few minutes it switches to screen saver. I can still regain control by clickng/moving the mouse. If after the screen saver mode, it is left longer it goes into a "power save" mode where it appears to shut down the computer (no lights on the computer and nothing on the monitor screen). In the past I could always wake it up by clicking the mouse. Now when I click on the mouse the lights come on in the computer, but nothing shows up on the monitor and I lose control to all USB peripherals. The only way I can regain control is by unplugging the main power cord and plugging it back in.

During the OC I did have to clear the CMOS one time and reload Optimized Defaults. The following are the settings on the BIOS Power Management page:

ACIP Suspend Type S3(STR)
Soft Off Power Button Instant Off
PME Event Wakeup Enabled
Power On by Ring Enabled
Resume by Alarm Disabled
HPET Support Enabled
HPET Mode 32-bit model
Power on by Mouse Double Click
Power on by Keyboard Disabled
AC Back Function Soft Off

The only thing I can see that might be out of line is the fact my system is 64 bit.

Any suggestions??

Thanks - Thud

thud_25

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Yes I did, but thanks for the thought ;) .

I have flashed the BIOS with the latest beta BIOS and everything is working fine now, except for the fact that I now have to go through the OCing again.

Thanks - Thud