Sign in with
Your question

system wont start

Last response: in Motherboards
December 6, 2008 1:29:00 PM

My motherboard is Jetway M2A692-GDG. It has 24 pin power connector. I have connected 20 pin from psu. Processor Amd Athlon 64 X2 dul core processor 3600+ (2 Ghz), Ram 1 GB from transcend, PCI Graphics card of geforce MX 4000..

The problem is when i switch on the computer and while it is still in OS selection mode, If i press any key it shuts down.. If I remove the power cord from the cpu and re-attach and switch on the system it works!!! Sometimes it doesn't work.. It keeps on shutting off and I have to remove the power cable and re-attach it. And then it boots successfully.. No problem.. I taught it might be of defective psu unit and tried another system's psu, but same problem persists. I don't know wats the problem is.. Please anybody guide me.. :(  :( 

More about : system wont start

December 6, 2008 2:54:33 PM

make sure to plug in the 4/8 pin power connector located by the cpu as well as the 20/24 pin power connector
December 7, 2008 5:30:49 AM

Yes. Now i have connected the 24 pin power connector behalf of 20 pin connector. And 4 pin connector was already connected. But the problem still persists!!
Related resources
December 8, 2008 11:05:00 AM

sounds to me the mobo power curcitry may be faulty witch means you will need to replace the mobo, do you have a surage protecter as spike's and surges can fry this part of the mobo.
April 3, 2009 3:53:43 AM

Not enough power getting to the CPU. You need to connect the 24 pin connector to provide adequate power, after all.......... there is a reason they put a 24 pin connector on the board instead of a 20.
!