Sign in with
Your question

Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz LGA 775 needs gaming quality mobo

Last response: in Motherboards
December 6, 2008 1:42:06 PM

any recommendations for mobo w/this cpu....1 pci-ex slot sufficient.....not planning to oc....mainly used to online game...CoD,Left 4 Dead and Farcry 2....i have new OCZ 700 watt psu and (WD) 36 g Raptor and 80 gig Caviar...full sized Thermaltake w/ (2) 90mm fans and (2) 120mm fans....also prefer to run at least 4 Gbz of gaming RAM....with xp pro OS.......I cant game until i have new parts and after 3 days now,the world is closing in on me....help old fart to get back to reality of FPS....thanks clownshoes420
December 9, 2008 12:42:02 PM

o well clownshoes ....dont worry that all these kidz who oc, think that youre a bag of s**t...anyone who knows you and has seen you game...would be happy to give you some bit of advice after 35 reads....but most people are too self-important to reach out and help someone if it doesnt server their own ulterior motives...so hang in there some decent gamer will possibly reach out and offer his knowledge and drop the facade of their own manufactured personalities.....til then stick to peace and have a bowl of medical cali on me bro....8)
December 9, 2008 9:16:08 PM

If you play FPS, you'll want to OC eventually. What video card are you planning to get?
Related resources
December 10, 2008 12:06:24 AM

I have the same exact question clownshoes has..... Anyone have a good board to suggest?
December 10, 2008 1:33:43 AM

im updating from an asus a8n32 sli deluxe and amd opteron 1.8 /i never did oc tho i read tutorials on how to and i have only been able to afford 1 gpu at 3 year ago prices/so i may not oc as fast as id just upgrade in a year or so with already mentioned components/i have an 8800 gs gpu now and thought that i d use it until im sure the mobo cpu and ram are all working well/then i might order something new/i realize that id either need to oc or upgrade again in a year or so to be able to play fps games with upgraded system requirements/ive chekd out intel p35 and p45 mobo/also i was told that xp will only run 4 gigs ram??/hope this helps and thanks for your time bud/at 50+ years im slow but have been gaming for 9 years and love it/appreciate your help 8)
December 10, 2008 3:25:48 AM

A P45 should suffice for you. You'll want a better known brand like Asus, Gigabyte, MSI. Because there are dozens and dozens of models, you'll want to go over the features of the boards in your price range and eliminate the ones you don't want.

Popular models are Asus P5Q Pro, Gigabtye EP45-UD3R.

Either of these models have been known to get the E8400 into the 4ghz range, which will benefit FPS games.
December 10, 2008 12:36:06 PM

awesome flyin 15 sec...ill research those and make a choice/ and thanks for following up with useful info/ have a good day and PEACE clownshoes
December 11, 2008 1:10:33 AM

ya P45 is the best budget gaming board on the market, just find one with the features u want
!