Unknown device on Gigabyte MOBO

Budee

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
I just rebuilt my computer around a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L mobo. I have an e8400 cpu and 4 gigs of ram. After I installed windows, I had 4 unknown PCI devices in the device manager. I couldn't use a usb stick at this point (xp wouldn't recognize it). I got the driver CD for the mobo and installed all but the dynamic energy saver driver. After I installed the drivers, I was able to connect to the internet via the ethernet port and use my USB port. I did not check the sound. I updated windows xp to sp3. Then I realized the sound wasn't working. After some digging on forums I found out how to get the sound installed. I'm not sure If I'm supposed to have one or two audio devices with this mobo. At the moment I have a "realtek high definition audio" device installed and appears to be working fine. I installed TF2 and all is well with audio. I still have one PCI device that is unknown. Can somebody help me figure out what this unknown device is. In addition to the one audio device, I see from the mobo CD there is another driver called "Microsoft UAA Bus driver for High Definition Audio" Is that what isn't installing? If so what does it do, I already have sound right now.

Thanks in advance!

Budee

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
The website still had version 1.0 drivers for my MOBO. Also I did try the other suggestion. I had windows search the CD for the driver for the unknown device. However, since I don't know what its function is, I don't know what direction to point to beyond the CD drive. But windows does pause really long when I first boot up. I wonder if its because of this unknown device.

G

i had the same promblem slow booy up
it was looking to boot from my card reader..
i changed it in setup and done...