ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Well, I think your case and PSU combo is kind of a rip off. Coolermaster on here is not known as having the most reliable of PSU's.

Alot of guys will probably tell you look at this case for a good PSU case combo, and to save a little money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024

With that, you would save about 50, because your other case is like 149 and 30 bucks shipping, this is 99 and 20 bucks to ship, so really maybe like a 60 dollar savings.

Also, on the hard drive, looking again, looks like the e7200 you mention has a combo with a 500gb hitachi drive for 174, so save a little there maybe and get a bigger storage space.

or...

For hard drive, 5 bucks more gets you a 320 gb seagate instead of 250gb. Decent drive, I think this is like the one I have, mine was purchased on sale at a best buy though, but good drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148140

Now you've got 60 bucks so grab some nice accessories or pocket the cash. Or if you want a faster chip, looks like they have the e8400 with the board you picked out for 239 as a combo pack. So maybe another way if you save 50-60 on the case and the money is burning a hole in your pocket. Or grab a nicer cooler if planning to OC.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Still say though wait on someone else to comment, I've read a little on intel stuff here, but I'm still an AMD guy myself. Main things will be though, look at how much amperage the PSU you get can push, also the size of the mobo(atx, or micro atx, etc, make sure the case will fit that), and also make sure the motherboard says it supports whatever series of chip you want. Other than that, should be ok. Also, may consider a bit better board though, maybe one that has pci express 2.0. They are saying now pci express 2.0 is not a big difference between regular pci express, but if you plan to keep it a long time and upgrade, it could be something that may make your future upgrade plans easier.

Btw, like the choice of a gigabyte board though, my board is a gigabyte and so far I've been very pleased with it. Pretty stable so far, no major gripes.