Asus P6T deluxe with creative sound card

lamx30108200

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I'm thinking about getting an asus P6T motherboard for my new rig with a creative XF-I Titanium sound card...since asus already make sound cards (xonar) am I leaning towards compatibility problems with this set-up??? Anyone using asus mobos with creative sound cards without problems??

Thanks

mythor20

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I installed my fatal1ty Platinum on my P5Q deluxe, no issues at all, however, I am running XP 32bit. Look at Asus' latest sound card (may not be released yet). I think it is the Xonar Deluxe?

rudytoms

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009

hi,
i also hv the p6t deluxe with vista ultimate x64 but it cannot detect my x-fi extreme gamer. what's your setting.
how did you do that..

i've disabled the onboard soundcard and uninstalled it.
but it keeps installed back
and the xfi extreme gamer still, undetected.

any suggestion how to make the card detected? what to check, etc?

really appreciate any help
thx before!!

SteveSAS

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2009
On a closely related subject, I just bought the P6T and I'm thinking about adding the Creative X-Fi Titanium (not the Fatal1ty edition). My interest is music, not Gaming. Two questions -
1) Any comments on sound quality vs. the integrated sound?
2) Is Stereo-Mix (aka What U Hear or Wave out) available with the integrated soundcard drivers? How about with the X-Fi card and drivers?
Thanks

The sound quality of the x-fi is excellent - one of my main uses for it is music (hooked to a Denon 2808, with B&W 685 mains and an SVS 16-46 PC Plus sub), and I have absolutely no complaints at all. As for the Stereo Mix, I haven't found it, and it's my only complaint about the card.

As for your question rudytoms, I have no idea. I just plugged mine into the top PCI-E slot, installed the drivers, and it worked. Yours is PCI though, so I don't have any experience with it.

m0ngy

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I've got an old X-Fi Xtreme Music PCI card and I can't get it working in my P6T Deluxe, at all. The BIOS will not even boot-up with the card installed. It was working fine on the P4 I ripped it out of...

Any ideas?

By the way, the onboard sound of the P6T Deluxe is absolutely appalling. I read somewhere that it's only got 16bit sampling. Anyway, it sound like garbage.