Just how dangerous are jedi's?

There's definately a lot of debate about Jedi's in the game, and I am
not going to add my two cents to any of that. My question is not
asking for opinion but fact.

How powerful will Jedi's be in comparison to other players? Let me
make it clear I have no intention of PvP. This is regarding PvE. I am
a master swordsman who doesnt want to do jedi at all, but all my
friends around me are. I love to try things like DWB, or just hunting
rancors and what not with the crew. My question is, when these guys
reach Jedi and Im still Swordsman, Fencer or whatever, will I be put
to shame? I mean, will they as Jedi's be mopping the floor with MOB's
while Im just tagging along? In short, as far as PvE is concerned,
what profs can match the coming of the Jedi?

Ben
11 answers Last reply
More about just dangerous jedi
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Well for one thing don't lightsabers do 800 or so minimum damage? I think
    that pretty much says it all.

    Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
    In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
    protective species list,
    not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
    David Duchovny

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There's definately a lot of debate about Jedi's in the game, and I am
    > not going to add my two cents to any of that. My question is not
    > asking for opinion but fact.
    >
    > How powerful will Jedi's be in comparison to other players? Let me
    > make it clear I have no intention of PvP. This is regarding PvE. I am
    > a master swordsman who doesnt want to do jedi at all, but all my
    > friends around me are. I love to try things like DWB, or just hunting
    > rancors and what not with the crew. My question is, when these guys
    > reach Jedi and Im still Swordsman, Fencer or whatever, will I be put
    > to shame? I mean, will they as Jedi's be mopping the floor with MOB's
    > while Im just tagging along? In short, as far as PvE is concerned,
    > what profs can match the coming of the Jedi?
    >
    > Ben
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Tonight a Jedi came at me and I panicked and ran. Before I got very far his
    Rifleman buddy blew my brains out (I had mind buffs up the wazzoo, mind
    you.)

    I'm not as afraid of Jedi as I am Riflemen.

    Mowab

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There's definately a lot of debate about Jedi's in the game, and I am
    > not going to add my two cents to any of that. My question is not
    > asking for opinion but fact.
    >
    > How powerful will Jedi's be in comparison to other players? Let me
    > make it clear I have no intention of PvP. This is regarding PvE. I am
    > a master swordsman who doesnt want to do jedi at all, but all my
    > friends around me are. I love to try things like DWB, or just hunting
    > rancors and what not with the crew. My question is, when these guys
    > reach Jedi and Im still Swordsman, Fencer or whatever, will I be put
    > to shame? I mean, will they as Jedi's be mopping the floor with MOB's
    > while Im just tagging along? In short, as far as PvE is concerned,
    > what profs can match the coming of the Jedi?
    >
    > Ben
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > How powerful will Jedi's be in comparison to other players? Let me
    > make it clear I have no intention of PvP. This is regarding PvE.

    Uhh, pve, with full buffs anyone with decent combat skills can solo 95pct of
    the creatures in game.

    Per pvp, although you are not interested. A stacked TKM with Master in
    Fencer and master brawler works well.

    Keep him intimidated with /intimidate 2 !
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Well for one thing don't lightsabers do 800 or so minimum damage? I think
    > that pretty much says it all.

    Wish that were the case. For the extremely hard work a player must endure
    to become a Jedi, they should be very powerful.

    As it stands, Jedi receive a far worse penalty in PvP than other players do.
    Case in point, when I play my friend's Jedi, I use an area of effect attack
    that can deal upwards of 7k of damage to critters.
    In PvP, it's lucky to reach 600. Granted, it's still a lot, but what about
    fencers that invest in Ackley stun batons? You're looking at up to 500 dmg
    attacks right there unless you have stun protection.
    Jedi do not have the luxory of getting buffed and spamming their best
    attacks a million times under the protection of effectiveness sliced
    composite armor. You know the kind that lets you run through the Corvette
    and laugh. A Jedi's saber specials cost Force Power oddly enough, the same
    force power they need to heal themselves and eventually Force Run away.
    What's this? Jedi can heal all 3 stat pools at once? Even heal wounds and
    fatigue?? Oh wait, Jedi can not wear armor. That's right folks, a master
    swordsman can swing his scythe and smack a Jedi for 800 damage. A rifleman
    can mow down a Jedi from 64m away and dish out even more damage.

    How dangerous are Jedi? Please. Any melee template can destroy a Jedi in a
    one on one fight. Oh no, gank squads. Jedi who can't fight alone. My ass
    would run with bodyguards as well if I was forced to play like that.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Durango" <mdurango@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > There's definately a lot of debate about Jedi's in the game, and I am
    > not going to add my two cents to any of that. My question is not
    > asking for opinion but fact.
    >
    > How powerful will Jedi's be in comparison to other players?

    Stated by the develops that Jedi will not be more powerful than an elite
    combat profession.

    > Let me
    > make it clear I have no intention of PvP. This is regarding PvE. I am
    > a master swordsman who doesnt want to do jedi at all, but all my
    > friends around me are. I love to try things like DWB, or just hunting
    > rancors and what not with the crew. My question is, when these guys
    > reach Jedi and Im still Swordsman, Fencer or whatever, will I be put
    > to shame?

    Nope. In fact, while you stand there in the middle of 4 Rancor with your
    armor and buffs and a nice /centerofbeing macro, you'll annihiliate those
    Rancor while a Jedi gets his ass kicked.

    > I mean, will they as Jedi's be mopping the floor with MOB's
    > while Im just tagging along? In short, as far as PvE is concerned,
    > what profs can match the coming of the Jedi?
    >
    > Ben

    Fencer, Teras Kasi, Swordsman, and Rifleman outperform a Jedi. The luxory
    of armor and the ability to spam the hell out of your best attacks sixty
    times a minute far outperforms a Jedi who goes about unarmored and loses
    Force Power with each special attack. A Jedi Knight and above deserve the
    extra ability to stay alive simply because of the work involved to get that
    far.

    As far as high end content such as the Corvette and the Death Watch Bunker,
    Jedi will outdamage any class simply because of nothing in the game has
    resistance to lightsaber damage. But a Nova Trooper's full charge shot that
    does 6k damage (before resistances are applied) to you will do...guess
    what...5k or so to a Jedi. That equals dead.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > By what your saying, at least Commandos and Bounty Hunters were good
    enough
    > to even be nerfed... Pistoleer started broken and hasn't had one
    improvement
    > yet.

    I wish they would devote a publish to fix the original professions.
    Pistoleer is the big one I think as well.
    Keep pistols themselves the way they are, but increase the accuracy a lot
    for shots less than 25 m. Anything over that and the accuracy drops off.
    Make Disarming Shot do what it says, disarm the target. Put a 30 second
    timer on it like knockdown has to prevent griefing, but it will make this
    special worthwhile at the onset of a fight or at least give you a second to
    heal. Actually damaging a weapon, thereby making it lose condition, would
    really be unacceptable by many of the players.

    Make Double Tap the same strength as Body Shot 2, but increase it. If Body
    Shot 2 does 800 dmg consistantly, this skill will now do 1200 to a random
    pool. Doubling the power would be too much and would call for a significant
    speed penalty to balance.

    Leave Stopping Shot alone. It's already powerful enough damage wise. Give
    it a Stun state effect.

    Fan Shot, leave it alone as well. Are of Effect attacks need to be fixed,
    but that'll be part of the combat balance I hope.

    Make Body Shot 3 twice as strong as Body Shot 2 and give the ability to dual
    wield at Grips I. Accuracy and speed mods for dual weilded pistols in the
    offhand will be in the Grips tree, gradually improving closer to the top of
    the tree and at Master. Only at grips III can anyone become efficient at
    using two pistols at once. At master pistoleer there will be a huge boost
    to dual wielding accuracy and speed for the off hand weapon. In to prevent
    BH dabblers. They can get the dual wield ability and even be ok at it, but
    to be truly good, they need to master pistoleer.

    And for God's sake, improve general pistol accuracy in the Marksmanship
    tree. Pistol users should get great accuracy less than 25 m from the
    target.

    With Dual wielding will balance out the rather dismal damage a pistol can do
    and provide at least twice the normal damage output. Since pistols can only
    reach AP1, I feel this can balance things out.

    Well, that's how I would revamp Pistoleer if I was a developer.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Hi there. I hope you can forgive me ignorance, but I'm quite new to the
    online experience.

    I would like to learn more of this game you refer to, as it interests me, as
    everything to do with star wars does.

    If anybody can help me here, it would be much appreciated.

    --
    May the Force be with you, Always.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Roderick anderson wrote:
    > Hi there. I hope you can forgive me ignorance, but I'm quite new to the
    > online experience.
    >
    > I would like to learn more of this game you refer to, as it interests me, as
    > everything to do with star wars does.
    >
    > If anybody can help me here, it would be much appreciated.

    The Official Site:
    http://www.starwarsgalaxies.com

    and the official forums as well:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/

    Good Spoiler Site for help with quests etc.
    http://swg.allakhazam.com/

    Those should be a good place to get started. There's tons of stuff out
    there on the interweb - give it a google and see what pops up. :)

    --
    http://www.simplerich.com

    Illegitimi non carborundum
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    <<I wish they would devote a publish to fix the original professions.
    Pistoleer is the big one I think as well.>>

    Agree... =)

    <<Keep pistols themselves the way they are, but increase the accuracy a lot
    for shots less than 25 m. Anything over that and the accuracy drops off.>>

    Agree... I really actually think they should be faster though too. Pistols
    are often shot so rapidly so as to account for any discrepancies in
    accuracy.

    <<Make Disarming Shot do what it says, disarm the target. Put a 30 second
    timer on it like knockdown has to prevent griefing, but it will make this
    special worthwhile at the onset of a fight or at least give you a second to
    heal. Actually damaging a weapon, thereby making it lose condition, would
    really be unacceptable by many of the players.>>

    I agree, disarming shot should put a delay on the weapon or something.
    Otherwise there is no point to the name. But regarding it damaging the
    weapon... weapons are easy to come by, even good ones... Even though I'm not
    PvP at all I'd love to show what's what by partially busting up some dude's
    Krayt Geo... even if he ends up killing me. =) Ok so I'm a jerk. Some people
    in this game do need to be taught a lesson...

    <<Make Double Tap the same strength as Body Shot 2, but increase it. If
    Body
    Shot 2 does 800 dmg consistantly, this skill will now do 1200 to a random
    pool. Doubling the power would be too much and would call for a significant
    speed penalty to balance.>>

    No comment... just that they should do something with DoubleTap to make
    it... uh, work...

    <<Leave Stopping Shot alone. It's already powerful enough damage wise.
    Give
    it a Stun state effect.>>

    I say give it a stun and a change posture to kneel effect-- a STOPPING Shot.

    <<Fan Shot, leave it alone as well.>>

    Big agree. One of our most useful attacks.

    <<Are of Effect attacks need to be fixed,
    but that'll be part of the combat balance I hope.>>

    If I understand what you are saying, agree.

    <<Make Body Shot 3 twice as strong as Body Shot 2 and give the ability to
    dual
    wield at Grips I.>>

    If they put in Dual Blasters, like they should, but won't, I think it should
    be at Master. I would think an actual Master Gunfighter or Pistoleer would
    be proficient enough to do it propery. Anything less to me comes off as a
    rookie trying to look cool or be different-- who should be significantly
    less efficient. Plus, I don't want people JUST taking that line of Pistoleer
    for just Dual Wield. But that's only because I'm a double master-- Smuggler
    and Pistoleer, and I'd resent people 'dipping'. =)

    <<Accuracy and speed mods for dual weilded pistols in the
    offhand will be in the Grips tree, gradually improving closer to the top of
    the tree and at Master. Only at grips III can anyone become efficient at
    using two pistols at once. >>

    Ok that was my suggestion from above. But what's the point if making people
    not good on purpose UNTIL getting to Grips III? It should be all or nothing
    on that front...

    <<<At master pistoleer there will be a huge boost
    to dual wielding accuracy and speed for the off hand weapon. In to prevent
    BH dabblers. They can get the dual wield ability and even be ok at it, but
    to be truly good, they need to master pistoleer.>>

    Ah there was go, same as above.

    <<And for God's sake, improve general pistol accuracy in the Marksmanship
    tree. Pistol users should get great accuracy less than 25 m from the
    target.>>

    /nod

    <<With Dual wielding will balance out the rather dismal damage a pistol can
    do
    and provide at least twice the normal damage output. Since pistols can only
    reach AP1, I feel this can balance things out. Well, that's how I would
    revamp Pistoleer if I was a developer.>>

    /bowhead

    'zacly. Dual Wield would be sweet, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone say
    it ain't gonna happen.

    "Sartori" <charlesbevels@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

    > "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > By what your saying, at least Commandos and Bounty Hunters were good
    > enough
    > > to even be nerfed... Pistoleer started broken and hasn't had one
    > improvement
    > > yet.
    >
    > I wish they would devote a publish to fix the original professions.
    > Pistoleer is the big one I think as well.
    > Keep pistols themselves the way they are, but increase the accuracy a lot
    > for shots less than 25 m. Anything over that and the accuracy drops off.
    > Make Disarming Shot do what it says, disarm the target. Put a 30 second
    > timer on it like knockdown has to prevent griefing, but it will make this
    > special worthwhile at the onset of a fight or at least give you a second
    > heal. Actually damaging a weapon, thereby making it lose condition, would
    > really be unacceptable by many of the players.
    >
    > Make Double Tap the same strength as Body Shot 2, but increase it. If
    Body
    > Shot 2 does 800 dmg consistantly, this skill will now do 1200 to a random
    > pool. Doubling the power would be too much and would call for a
    significant
    > speed penalty to balance.
    >
    > Leave Stopping Shot alone. It's already powerful enough damage wise.
    Give
    > it a Stun state effect.
    >
    > Fan Shot, leave it alone as well. Are of Effect attacks need to be fixed,
    > but that'll be part of the combat balance I hope.
    >
    > Make Body Shot 3 twice as strong as Body Shot 2 and give the ability to
    dual
    > wield at Grips I. Accuracy and speed mods for dual weilded pistols in the
    > offhand will be in the Grips tree, gradually improving closer to the top
    of
    > the tree and at Master. Only at grips III can anyone become efficient at
    > using two pistols at once. At master pistoleer there will be a huge boost
    > to dual wielding accuracy and speed for the off hand weapon. In to
    prevent
    > BH dabblers. They can get the dual wield ability and even be ok at it,
    but
    > to be truly good, they need to master pistoleer.
    >
    > And for God's sake, improve general pistol accuracy in the Marksmanship
    > tree. Pistol users should get great accuracy less than 25 m from the
    > target.
    >
    > With Dual wielding will balance out the rather dismal damage a pistol can
    do
    > and provide at least twice the normal damage output. Since pistols can
    only
    > reach AP1, I feel this can balance things out.
    >

    > Well, that's how I would revamp Pistoleer if I was a developer.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    If Jedi's can't buff it could only be because they don't need to. Every
    player Jedi I have seen, both before and after publish 10, has had HAM in
    the 3000's. Either they are allowed to buff or they don't need to, i.e.
    they already have HAM equivalent to a buffed player.

    Prior to publish 10 I never saw a PvP fight with a Jedi that lasted more
    than one move. The Jedi used his saber throw move and it was over. Today I
    saw a large GCW battle in C-net on Sunrunner that included a couple of dark
    side player Jedi. Their fights typically lasted about three moves. Okay,
    they might be a little weaker, but still plenty capable of holding their
    own.

    I believe the objective with the nerfing in publish 10 was to put them on
    about the same level as a master bounty hunter. Judging from what I saw
    today I think they may be close. And that's fine IMO. They should be
    tougher than the average player, but they should have a great deal of
    difficulty with an MBH.

    > As it stands, Jedi receive a far worse penalty in PvP than other players
    do.
    > Case in point, when I play my friend's Jedi, I use an area of effect
    attack
    > that can deal upwards of 7k of damage to critters.
    > In PvP, it's lucky to reach 600. Granted, it's still a lot, but what
    about
    > fencers that invest in Ackley stun batons? You're looking at up to 500
    dmg
    > attacks right there unless you have stun protection.
    > Jedi do not have the luxory of getting buffed and spamming their best
    > attacks a million times under the protection of effectiveness sliced
    > composite armor. You know the kind that lets you run through the Corvette
    > and laugh. A Jedi's saber specials cost Force Power oddly enough, the
    same
    > force power they need to heal themselves and eventually Force Run away.
    > What's this? Jedi can heal all 3 stat pools at once? Even heal wounds
    and
    > fatigue?? Oh wait, Jedi can not wear armor. That's right folks, a master
    > swordsman can swing his scythe and smack a Jedi for 800 damage. A
    rifleman
    > can mow down a Jedi from 64m away and dish out even more damage.
    >
    > How dangerous are Jedi? Please. Any melee template can destroy a Jedi in
    > one on one fight. Oh no, gank squads. Jedi who can't fight alone. My
    ass
    > would run with bodyguards as well if I was forced to play like that.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Haqsau" <haqsauNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If Jedi's can't buff it could only be because they don't need to. Every
    > player Jedi I have seen, both before and after publish 10, has had HAM in
    > the 3000's. Either they are allowed to buff or they don't need to, i.e.
    > they already have HAM equivalent to a buffed player.

    Didn't say Jedi could not buff. They can. I was referring to people who go
    decked out in 80-90% composite armor and still spam their best specials with
    little to no HAM loss. While Jedi can buff, it only serves to keep them
    alive a little longer. No armor and specials that drain the Force Power
    pool.

    > Prior to publish 10 I never saw a PvP fight with a Jedi that lasted more
    > than one move. The Jedi used his saber throw move and it was over. Today
    > saw a large GCW battle in C-net on Sunrunner that included a couple of
    dark
    > side player Jedi. Their fights typically lasted about three moves. Okay,
    > they might be a little weaker, but still plenty capable of holding their
    > own.

    Saber throw has been nerfed. Prior to the fix, the saber throw would hit
    the target with a massive bleed, even in PvP.
    The fact that very few people have or can even afford a PSG with Lightsaber
    resists is why people die so quickly to a Jedi. Any melee template can go
    one on one with a Jedi and win unless the Jedi force runs away. The problem
    comes from ranged attackers. A well skilled Jedi can block a LOT of blaster
    attacks with his/her saber.

    > I believe the objective with the nerfing in publish 10 was to put them on
    > about the same level as a master bounty hunter. Judging from what I saw
    > today I think they may be close. And that's fine IMO. They should be
    > tougher than the average player, but they should have a great deal of
    > difficulty with an MBH.

    Most bounty hunters end up dropping everything except the Investigation line
    and learn Master Fencer or Teras Kasi. Until the combat balance in 2016,
    ranged professions will simply have a tough time against a skilled Jedi.

Games Video Games