cpres

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Hello everyone, I am having some major issues with my computer and I need some help. I am going to try to provide as much info as possible to help out and hopefully get an answer.

I have a custom-built machine with the following:

DFI Infinity Motherboard
AMD Athlong 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2200Mhz

When I boot up I sometimes get this message:

Warning! Now system is in Safe Mode. Please re-setting CPU frequency in the CMOS setup.

There is no overclocking on the machine, and when I went to look at the CPU frequency it says 2000, and another setting (can't remember what it is) says 200.

One other thing that I find wrong is the System Fan speed is showing 0 RPM.

Any thoughts on this? I am hopeful its not the motherboard, but I am thinking more of a CPU issue based on the error.

Any help would be great.

G

try this....

1st option: go to bios setup and go to exit option and hit load setup default then press "f10" to save then enter, or exit and save current settings.

if u dont know how to enter bios setup restart your computer then at start up press "f2" or "delete" if not try to research how to setup bios with your motherboard

2nd option: if you notice that your system time is not working or "just like wall clock that has no battery" or something, then try to replace cmos battery in your motherboard and setup your time setings in bios setup. "cmos battery maintain setings on your computer system such as time, bios setup,etc"

3rd option: reinstall your hardware and software then clean all your computer parts with proper handling

hope thats help.....
sory about my english ^_^
by: jenus