Changing OS around. Mirroring HDD and changing boot loader

Not sure if this counts as a hardware question, but I have a two fold problem.

I have a new HDD, it is larger and faster then the one I am using at present so I want my OS to run off that one, so essentially I want to mirror my OS to that disc. I am wondering what the best way to do that is. I have Win 7.

Regarding my second issue. I have two OS's on my computer, both Win 7. I want to dispose and format of one of them. The problem is the bootloader is located on that partition (the one I want to get rid of). To try and keep things simple I am going to call them C partition (the old one, the one I want to format, and the one that the bootloader is located on) and D partition (my default partition, the one I want to keep and the one I want the bootloader to be on). Does anyone know of a way to get rid of C and replace it with D?
2 answers Last reply
More about changing around mirroring changing boot loader
  1. For both purposes, you can try to use disk cloning software like Norton Ghost or Clonezilla. Before you do anything however, make sure to back up everything!
  2. Ok, I understand how to clone my drive, but how to I go about formatting the main partition so my bios boots to the "D" drive?
Ask a new question

Read More

Partition Hard Drives Storage