PC not booting after tripping mains breaker

G

I normally have my pc connected to a 4 way extension lead plugged into a wall socket, which I switch off when I'm out.

Earlier yesterday I turned the switch on and it trips a breaker on my mains. This happens again after I've reset the breaker and on the third time I check to see if all connected devices working. Only the PC will not boot.

I've tried a different working power cable and it still doesn't boot. I can't see a power on LED on my motherboard so I suspect an issue with the power supply or motherboard.

Please could someone suggest what could be the faulty component.

Thanks in advance.

Manny

Earlier yesterday I turned the switch on and it trips a breaker on my mains. This happens again after I've reset the breaker and on the third time I check to see if all connected devices working.

When a breaker trips its because the circuit is overloaded, you should find out why before you ever go cut the thing back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find out just how many things are plugged into that circuit before you assume, its OK!!!!

Also what amperage is the breaker you're tripping???

Your computer problem probably is the power supply.

You should consider getting a UPS [Uninteruptable Power Supply]or at least a Surge Protection Strip instead of just a 4 way extension.

Do you have any animals that are into chewing on wires, we have 2 cats that do, can get very deadly at times.

They normally have to give up one of their nine lives before they realize chewing on power lines is not a good idea!

G

No nothing powers including the fans.

I had these devices connected in this setup for a few motnhs now, so it was odd that a circuit breaker had been tripped.

Also the power cable was connected to a basic Surge Protection Strip / 4 way extension cable.

OK! Sounds like the psu blew.

What else was plugged into the surge protection strip? monitor? printer? lamp? Does the surge protection strip have a power led? If so, take the surge protection strip to another location, plug it in, and see if you still have power to the strip. Try the same with monitor, printer, or whatever - one item at a time. Hopefully they are all okay.

An electrical line usually runs to several wall outlets. Did you plug in something new in some other wall outlet somewhere in the room or another room? If not, then the problem appears to be the psu.