I Have 2 Hard Drives On My Acer 1 Is Full How Do I Get The Other To Work?

steve9207

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you have two physical hard drives in your system, but you only see one when you enter Windows Explorer or "My Computer"? If so, have you checked all SATA / IDE cables, etc?

grendelkiller

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Ok I can see both hard drives one the C drive the other the D drive. The C drive says memory full and It wont let me download or save anything more yet the D drive is completley empty. How do I utiliose the storrage on the second hard drive? PLEASE lol

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Any time you try to save a file, you are working in some window that offers you a way to choose both what the file name will be, and where it should be stored. It always has little spaces with its suggested (default) ideas for these choices, but you can simply click on that space and enter your own choice.

Usually to choose where, you have ways to move around on your existing drive to different folders, PLUS you have a way to move to a different drive. Almost always these are as simple as clicking on a name or iconic symbol.

Since you appear not to know anything about where files are and how to name / store / read them, you should learn the basics of how the My Computer system works. Click on My Computer and try looking though the topics under Help. Or maybe get a simple book from a library that introduces how to use a Windows computer.

grendelkiller

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

Many thanks. Its just I thought that when one drive the C drive become full that automatically anything that is downloaded or saved would automaticly save on the second drive, and I wondered did this second hard drive have to be activated in sone way to do this.

But cheers and again many thanks

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Just in case you forgot, have you Emptied your Recycle Bin? When you Delete any file, in fact it just gets moved to your Recycle Bin and still takes up space on the hard drive it is on already. You can review what is in the Recycle Bin in case you change your mind later and want something back. But if you have recovered anything there you want so that everything really is NOT needed any longer, Empty the Recycle Bin to free up that disk space.

grendelkiller

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010

ok will try that ty