Solving sound driver conflicts

awinm1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
Hello,I have a soundblaster live value and recently bought a Nvidia GT220 1Gb TC. now I hear either nothing or stuttering when I play videos or games. playing mp3s goes fine. I have a MSI motherboard with dual core 2.7 Ghz processor and 3 Gig ram. working with XP

awinm1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011

I do have the latest drivers. tried older ones too, but the problem stays. When I use the drivers from win xp the problem does not occur, but then the quality of the sound is not as good as it should be and the effects can't be used.
any other ideas?

awinm1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011

the sound defaults are set right. the problem does not appear when I play music (iTunes), only when I open a video file with media player classic (also windows media player). opening the video 5 or 6 times restores the sound eventually. I also have the problem with some games (e.g. Grid).
I think it has something to do with the older sound blaster live drivers,but I can't find newer versions of the driver.

any suggestions?

awinm1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011

I like media player classic, better than vlc. I think it's a driver problem because I get the same problem with some games (like when playing GRID, half life 2 ep.2). seems to me it's a conflict between sound and video driver.
still haven't found a solution for it though.....