Free Jedi Skill XP unlocks Query

Whats the deal or criteria for getting these free unlocks once
you visit the Villiage on Dath and train up on a profession .

I only ask cause I mastered 1 known Holo ( Pistoleer ) and 10 other
professions , but i got no free unlocks . Other members of my
guild have done less proffessions and no- known Holo's and get
8 free boxes unlocked .... am I bugged or what lol .

It's all fairly random, depending on the # of secret holoprofessions the
Devs put in. It started out at 5, but they moved it up to 8; so basically,
it sounds like your guildmates were lucky guessers on the professions they
were supposed to do to get unlocks. There's more info on the SOE boards
about the whole thing.

<Willard White> wrote in message

> Whats the deal or criteria for getting these free unlocks once
> you visit the Villiage on Dath and train up on a profession .
>
> I only ask cause I mastered 1 known Holo ( Pistoleer ) and 10 other
> professions , but i got no free unlocks . Other members of my
> guild have done less proffessions and no- known Holo's and get
> 8 free boxes unlocked .... am I bugged or what lol .

Sartori

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2003

<Willard White> wrote in message

> Whats the deal or criteria for getting these free unlocks once
> you visit the Villiage on Dath and train up on a profession .
>
> I only ask cause I mastered 1 known Holo ( Pistoleer ) and 10 other
> professions , but i got no free unlocks . Other members of my
> guild have done less proffessions and no- known Holo's and get
> 8 free boxes unlocked .... am I bugged or what lol .

Originally set at 4 Holocron professions and one unknown for a total of
five. When too many people started unlocking, the devs raised this number
from five to eight. However, the Holocrons stopped giving hints after 4
professions.

Thunderheart posted how the free branch unlocks would work shortly before
Publish 10 hit live. It was based off how many predetermined professions
you had left to master. So if you did all four holocrons and nothing else,
then you would have gotten one free branch unlock. If you just had one
profession left (no way to tell unless you mastered 31), then you
automatically got all 6 branches. If you had two professions left, then you
got 5 free branches. Three left (in my case), then you got 4 free branches.

In your case, the ten other professions you mastered were not enough of the
predetermined professions needed to get a lot of Force Sensitive credit. In
other words, you were a bad guesser. :)