What is P-ATA ? Compatiable with IDE??

Tags:
  • DVD Writers
  • Device Manager
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 20, 2010 4:24:35 PM

Hello
I just boutght a DVE +-R +-RW drive and it worked when I first installed it. Now it won't show on the menu and in Device manager has the old yellow ! mark. The box has P-ATA marked on it. Anyone Know what this is.

More about : ata compatiable ide

a c 415 G Storage
January 20, 2010 8:15:00 PM

PATA and IDE are essentially the same thing. "PATA" stands for "Parallel ATA", and IDE stands for "Integrated Drive Electronics". ("ATA" stands for "AT-Attached", an acronym based on the original IBM PC/AT computer from the early 80's). Both PATA and IDE refer to the type of connection that was used in virtually all desktop systems for optical and hard drives up to just a few years ago when SATA (Serial ATA) was introduced.

If your drive has a 40-pin connector for the data cable then it's a PATA / IDE drive. The alternative, SATA, has a much smaller connector with only a few contacts.
m
l
a c 204 G Storage
January 24, 2010 1:16:28 PM

all the same!
m
l
a b G Storage
January 24, 2010 2:35:42 PM

charles Dice said:
Hello
I just boutght a DVE +-R +-RW drive and it worked when I first installed it. Now it won't show on the menu and in Device manager has the old yellow ! mark.

This is probably caused by a problem with lower-or upperfilters. Check this link for more info:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
m
l
!