Sign in with
Your question

Trying to decide if i should keep my 4850. Also a ? about Nvidia

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 16, 2008 2:12:11 PM

I currently have a HD4850 and im a bit dissapointed because you still cant force AA by using CCC. No matter what your settings are in CCC the game is what the game is, period. I think this is absolutley retarded that ATI does this.

I want to know if Nvidia lets you force AA? Or does anybody now if ATI is working on this or if they even care? I cant stand jaggies. I hate them. I want a set up that will let me force AA. Even if it means I have to switch to an Nvidia board (planned dual card in the near future)

I really hope ATI fixes this. i have a crossfire board and dont want to switch. I prefer the intel chips.

Anybody have any Idea if ATI plans to fix this? Or if Nvidia lets you force AA?

More about : decide 4850 nvidia

a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2008 2:39:07 PM

Umm you are wrong about the forcing aa mister :p  I play wolf et with 8xmsaa and yes it works lol. Just make sure you are using newest drivers and you dont let the app choose but force it....idk what else lol
a b U Graphics card
September 16, 2008 2:45:53 PM

Both CCC and Nvidia's Control Panel allow forcing AA.
Related resources
September 16, 2008 2:59:49 PM

nvidia does have a better forcing aa record than ati. it has been like this since ever.

Ati does allow you to force aa in most titles, but some are obviously not covered. I complained through official ati service online, and i got no response yet. I complained sometime near the begging of this year.

in what game you cant force aa?
September 16, 2008 3:33:11 PM

If you want my supposed "fanboy" advice, sell the 4850, get the 260 on newegg for ~$200, and enjoy the better/optimized drivers :) 

Also I highly recommend the XG drivers at www.tweakforce.com

And for my Ati buddies on this board, yes they do CATS too.
September 16, 2008 5:10:56 PM

hi lunatic wolf. I think that getting somewhat faster in very few titles gtx 260 for an extra 200$ is a bad idea.

I am interested in tweakforce drivers. What do they do? I went to their site, but aside from links to download them, I didnt find any indication on why should I do that.

It doesnt say that they perform better (presumably) or what they do differently. Care to share?
September 16, 2008 6:44:44 PM

eodeo said:

I am interested in tweakforce drivers. What do they do? I went to their site, but aside from links to download them, I didnt find any indication on why should I do that.

It doesnt say that they perform better (presumably) or what they do differently. Care to share?

X2

Tell us about what they do and how they perform
!