committesr

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Hello Both of my Lite-On DVD/CD writers and players will not recognize a blank DVD. The status changes from DVD-Ram Drive to CD drive. Any suggestions. Thanks.

G

I have an Asus that is doing the same thing. Hopefully someone can help us both.

committesr

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for your response Anonymous. I discovered my problem. It was not the DVD because I took the burner out and installed it in another computer and it worked fine. Later I discovered that it was a corrupted file that I was trying to burn that was the culprit.............committesr

mitchellini123

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010

I'm having the same problem. Insert DVD R into single DVD/CD RW drive. R Click My Comp, R Click the drive and: shows a DVD Icon, but next to it the drive switches to a CD. Opposite when I try a CD R in the same drive. Looking into possibility that the laser optics are dusty/dirty. Plays DVD's and CD's fine. No problems with Nero (reinstalled), and even tried M$'s MrFixIt diagnostic, and it detected the drive isn't working properly (a ploy to have you pay for their fee to help?). Will get a disk cleaner in the next day or two, but it was suggested that might be a big reason why people decide just to replace them.