Gigabyte EX58-UD5 BIOS problem?

leo2kp

Distinguished
I just replaced my E6600 and P965 board with the EX58-UD5 board and Core i7 920. Getting in to the BIOS to check the RAM settings, I noticed that opening that particular portion of the BIOS (overclocking section - sorry I'm not by my computer so I don't remember the actual menu option), it takes a few seconds for it to populate the page from top to bottom, like it's reading the information from a slow hard-drive. Scrolling through the options also takes a lot of time. Does anyone else with this board have similar issues? When I go home tonight I'm going to reset the BIOS, then attempt to flash it.

steveru621

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
I have that same board and all the screens seem to populate quickly. Check the easy stuff first. Cable connections and power supply.

bilbat

Splendid
I'll reiterate:
Welcome to the early adopter's blues... The i7 is new, the x58 is new, the whole three channel DDR-3 access scheme is new: you WILL have problems - just hope none of 'em are deep enough in the hardware to require a board swap as matters develop...

You are in the territory that ancient map makers marked 'Here be dragons!' I'd set up an RSS to GB's BIOS page, and hang on every new release as they come. BTW, if your board supports @BIOS - DON'T USE IT!!! It may work once, it may work five times, but the sword of Damocles is there hanging over your neck - eventually you WILL 'brick' (i.e., turn it into a brick - toast it completely, & require an RMA...) your MOBO!