What if i become Padawan?

I am not still glowing - i miss only jabba park - but i am asking myself
what will happen to my character after become jedi, one i will complete the
village quests.

I have read something on the forums but i can't understand something:
Will my character mantain the old skills?
Or i will be jedi only?
Will i be able to buff and wear armour, when will i loose this capacity?

Thank u in advance
Almost Glowing MBH Behodwo Erbopled - Flurry

Glowing with the Force leads to:
Old Man Visits/Sith Shadows attack/Base attack leads to:
The Village: Do the quests to unlock FS Skills and/or get some free
unlocks from Holo-grinding.
The Village: Part 2: Gain the FS XP to fill the 6 FS Skills you
need. Leads to:
The Exit Quest: Kill Mellichae

Once done with the Exit Quest, you are able to start the Padawan trials.
Some time during your trials (it seems to usually be around the mid-point
(there are 16 total) you will craft your lightsaber. At this point you are
a Jedi Initiate. (You now suffer the Initiate/early Padawan Death Penalty
of -4500 Jedi XP for each death. You also suffer a -30K XP penalty for
being DBed by a Bounty Hunter. At this point you can start to gain
visibility if you use your saber/force powers in public).

When you complete the Padawan Trials, you are a Jedi Padawan. At this
point, your 2nd Character Slot opens. You are given your Padawan robes.

The Original Character has whatever skills they still had originally and 24
Skill Points locked up in FS (Force Sensitive) Skills. The 2nd [new]
character slot is a complete blank and you can do whatever you want with it.
(we'll ignore it for the moment though you could go through getting glowy,
the village etc to make this your Jedi if you're masochistic enough).

The Original Character is now a Padawan, if you want to go no further you
can do whatever you want. If you want to advance as a Jedi, then you must
get 20000 Jedi XP using your Training Saber...You have no specials with it
so this may take a while.

You can always be buffed (though if you're a Knight, you're permanently
overt & can only be buffed by a doctor of the appropriate faction). You can
wear armor if you want, but... If you are wearing armor (including armor
gloves, PSGs or Tusken Apparel) you will not be able to use Force Powers,
nor Lightsaber Specials... additionally, you will be treated as Uncertified
with your Lightsaber and you will do on the order of 8-12 points of damage
per hit (Most training sabers seem to be speed 4.0 or so). Lightsabers may
not be sliced by the way.

Once you've gained the 20K Jedi XP you're able to train a novice Jedi
box...most people go with sabers at this point. Once you have Novice Saber,
you can construct a 1st Generation saber & use the saber hit 1 special (the
only one until you've gained another 200K Jedi XP for a 1st tier box). Jedi
skill XP reqs progress at 200K, 400K, 800K, 1.6M, 3.2M (for a master box).
As you go higher in Jedi skills, the death penalty increases until it
is -200K per death when you have a Tier 4 skill.

You will have to sacrifice your old skills to advance as a Jedi and you will
never be able to drop the FS Skills you've gained (unless there's another
revamp and this all changes).

Padawan robes show no resistances. Most people assume this is the case and
complain bitterly. I think that there are some resistances there, they're
just no viewable by the characters...I admit that I may be wrong and it's
just my opinion though.

Since you're an MBH, you'll have the luxury of being able to check to see if
you've showed up on the BH Terminals... Though that may be risky as well
since other BHs would know who you are...

It's a long road, and it's not easy.

Various Members of the Bar-erras Clan
-Lowca

"Winston Wolf" <winstonwolf@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
>I am not still glowing - i miss only jabba park - but i am asking myself
> what will happen to my character after become jedi, one i will complete
> the
> village quests.
>
> I have read something on the forums but i can't understand something:
> Will my character mantain the old skills?
> Or i will be jedi only?
> Will i be able to buff and wear armour, when will i loose this capacity?
>

> Thank u in advance
> Almost Glowing MBH Behodwo Erbopled - Flurry

Thank you very much, it is really clear.
May the force be with you

"Psyberowl" <owl@dmv.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> [...]
if
> you've showed up on the BH Terminals... Though that may be risky as well
> since other BHs would know who you are...
>
> It's a long road, and it's not easy.
>
> Various Members of the Bar-erras Clan
> -Lowca
>
> "Winston Wolf" <winstonwolf@fastwebnet.it> wrote in message
> >I am not still glowing - i miss only jabba park - but i am asking myself
> > what will happen to my character after become jedi, one i will complete
> > the
> > village quests.
> >
> > I have read something on the forums but i can't understand something:
> > Will my character mantain the old skills?
> > Or i will be jedi only?
> > Will i be able to buff and wear armour, when will i loose this capacity?
> >

> > Thank u in advance
> > Almost Glowing MBH Behodwo Erbopled - Flurry

Got glowing here. Saw old man yesterday. Got Sith today and smoked em. Went
to village and started combat missions. Did 2 back to back with no real
issues except I got cocky on the first one. :)

Since I've done 4 holo's, I got one free unlock. Used mine for Ranged
Defense (since I'm a pistoleer). Oddly enough, with the free exp that camp
with the unlock and the exp I converted, I had enough to get to Ranged
Defense IV, which is way cool.

As far as what happens when or if I decide to make this char a jedi I think
they can only wear the robes and use the lightsabers. I am not sure though,
I jsut started my path towards this.

--
Obitrotzu Ossko
Wayfarer / Creature Tamer