Problem with Visiontec Radeon 4850

Madhatter4

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2005
I just put together a new build and have been having issues with video performance in ALL games. Day of Defeat SOURCE and The Battle for Middle Earth 2 both have graphic glitches when playing. First thing I did after installing Vista Ultimate 32 bit was install the chipset drivers then I installed the newest 4800 series drivers directly from the ATI site. Im starting to think that maybe I should have just used the drivers that came with the card.... also there is an updated BIOS for my new motherboard so maybe flashing that will solve some issues.... anyone here have any thoughts or suggestions?

AdioKIP

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I would try, Updating your bios, uninstall CCC and all other ATI drivers, start over with a fresh install of CCC using the Latest 8.9 drivers (released yesterday) and let them detect your hardware including chipset info and install the necessary drivers.

tijmen007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
you mean random frame drops? What motherboard do you use? Sometimes it is the heat produced by the components which causes it. Like my motherboard has some transistors near the cpu and videocard, simpely aim a fan at it and voila.