Lineage 2 group?

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 11:22:10 PM

Whats the usenet group for Lineage2?

More about : lineage group

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 2:23:24 AM

mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
> Whats the usenet group for Lineage2?

There may not be one. Games with their own forums rarely waste time
developing an NG any more. This one is something of a fluke.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M

Which is unfortunate.. as I HATE web based forums and would ban them from the internet if possible. :-)

Chris

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message news:Xns96D39C94DC05Cnitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44...
> mike allegretto <rallegre@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>> Whats the usenet group for Lineage2?
>
> There may not be one. Games with their own forums rarely waste time
> developing an NG any more. This one is something of a fluke.
>
> --
> -= Victory Server =-
> -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
> -= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
> -= Mr Cellophane: Level 28 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
> -= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
> -= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
> -= Justice Server =-
> -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
> -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
> -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
September 17, 2005 5:19:34 AM

"Chris F. Willoughby" <avoozl@spamcop.net> wrote:
> Which is unfortunate.. as I HATE web based forums and would ban them
> from the internet if possible. :-)

I'm wit' you. It's like a return to the dialup BBS days.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
-= Mr Cellophane: Level 28 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
-= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
-= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
-= Justice Server =-
-= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
-= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:19:35 AM

Worse.. Not just ANYONE could have an account or visit those forums :)

I don't know about you.. but it seems to me that making it easier for people to participate online in general has greatly reduced the average intelligence and competance of its users.

Chris

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message news:Xns96D3BA7273778nitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44...

> I'm wit' you. It's like a return to the dialup BBS days.
>
> --
> -= Victory Server =-
> -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
> -= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
> -= Mr Cellophane: Level 28 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
> -= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
> -= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
> -= Justice Server =-
> -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
> -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
> -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 4:31:19 PM

"Chris F. Willoughby" <avoozl@spamcop.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>Which is unfortunate.. as I HATE web based forums and would ban them from the internet if possible. :-)

Not to mention that usenet is archived and posts conveniently disappear
from web forums if the developers don't like them.

Hell, even the stuff that isn't bad gets dropped by the CoH forums after
a couple weeks.
Most others too, since they don't want to archive stuff.

Xocyll
September 17, 2005 10:21:11 PM

buser@heck.huh wrote:
> I have some bad news for you...
> The days when it took a reasonable amount of intellect, reasoning,
> and/or logical thought processes in order to use the net went away a
> couple of years ago.

I think the last hurdle went down when AOL connected in, although an
argument could be made that Prodigy was the worst influx. I still clearly
recall Prodigans who wandered into Usenet and spent much time shrieking
about how no one was being nice and they were going to tell the
moderators.

> I have the feeling that I should stop while I'm ahead.

This is a river. Stop, and you're left behind. Better to keep trying to
swim ahead of the pack of lemming/lemur/piranhas.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
-= Mr Cellophane: Level 29 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
-= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
-= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
-= Justice Server =-
-= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
-= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:22:59 PM

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> Oh, sudden flashback to people on the CoH forums with animated avatars
> over 1meg in size, boy wasn't that fun to grab with a dialup connection.

It's easy to limit avatar size. I have two web forums for specialized
discussions and limiting avatars to local-only (no web-linked ones) and a
reasonable pixel and byte size is trivial. (In fact, it's hard to override
the modest defaults.)

Did the CoH forum not have such limits?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
-= Mr Cellophane: Level 29 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
-= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
-= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
-= Justice Server =-
-= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
-= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:41:24 AM

Funny story.. I was a Prodigy member at that time *lol* Although, I wasn't one of THOSE people :)

Chris

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message news:Xns96D473842B54Fnitropressatnitrosyn@216.168.3.44...
> I think the last hurdle went down when AOL connected in, although an
> argument could be made that Prodigy was the worst influx. I still clearly
> recall Prodigans who wandered into Usenet and spent much time shrieking
> about how no one was being nice and they were going to tell the
> moderators.
> --
> -= Victory Server =-
> -= Shenanigunner: Level 39 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M
> -= Sgt Glory B: Level 31 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F
> -= Mr Cellophane: Level 29 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M
> -= R A Heinlein: Level 19 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M
> -= Mariah Carey: Level 5 Mut Defender, Sonic/Sonic, F
> -= Justice Server =-
> -= Jazz-Man: Level 8 Natural Blaster, AR/Devs, M
> -= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/
> -= The UPDATED v1.00 Keybind & Macro Guide is now available!
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 1:45:10 AM

Yup... that drives me nuts.. if the forum mods don't like you your posts disappear.. Freedom of speech? feh.

Chris

!