This program is blocked due to compatability issues.

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
That's the messag I get when I'm trying to install my Kaspersky antivirus 2009 cd.

I used it on my windows vista 32bit without any issues. Now that I have windows 7 64 bit I'm getting that error message.

I checked microsoft and kasperky's sites and they both say the program is compatible with windows 7 64 bit.

This also happens when I try to install BitDefender too.

Is there a way to make this work?

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I think Kaspersky 2009's driver is incompatible with Win 7 64-bit. I think Kaspersky never made a proper 64-bit driver for Vista and 7 on Kaspersky 2009 (as it could be considered an old program now).

*I have tried the Avira Free Edition and it works fine. I was forced to drop my Kaspersky 2009 AV because it simply doesn't work (and there are no updates to make it work).

* There is a patch somewhere in the internet that makes Win 7 run unsigned drivers, I haven't tried it if it would make Kaspersky run.

If Kaspersky never got their 2009 drivers signed, DO NOT attempt to use "a patch somewhere on the internet" that makes Windows 7 run unsigned drivers. You're only asking for trouble.

As rodney_ws said, other antivirus solutions like Microsoft Security Essentials will work fine. If you're set on a paid solution like Kaspersky, DO NOT compromise the security of your system by trying to force Windows to load unsigned drivers. Upgrade to a version of the program that fully supports Windows 7 instead.

Please Purchase, download, and install the latest version from the maker's website. If you don't want to pay for AV protection, there are free alternatives. Again: Download and install the latest version, please.

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Do you think kaspersky will alow me to download their latest version for free? The reason I want to use this 2009 version is because I still have a few months left on my paid yearly subscription. I was using it all the way until a few days ago when I upgraded to win 7.