Sign in with
Your question

This program is blocked due to compatability issues.

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
December 10, 2009 3:46:45 AM

That's the messag I get when I'm trying to install my Kaspersky antivirus 2009 cd.

I used it on my windows vista 32bit without any issues. Now that I have windows 7 64 bit I'm getting that error message.

I checked microsoft and kasperky's sites and they both say the program is compatible with windows 7 64 bit.

This also happens when I try to install BitDefender too.

Is there a way to make this work?
December 10, 2009 5:27:11 AM

I think Kaspersky 2009's driver is incompatible with Win 7 64-bit. I think Kaspersky never made a proper 64-bit driver for Vista and 7 on Kaspersky 2009 (as it could be considered an old program now).

*I have tried the Avira Free Edition and it works fine. I was forced to drop my Kaspersky 2009 AV because it simply doesn't work (and there are no updates to make it work).

* There is a patch somewhere in the internet that makes Win 7 run unsigned drivers, I haven't tried it if it would make Kaspersky run.
December 10, 2009 11:10:27 AM

Microsoft Security Essentials is free and will work fine for you.
Related resources
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 10, 2009 12:07:00 PM

amnotanoobie said:
I think Kaspersky 2009's driver is incompatible with Win 7 64-bit. I think Kaspersky never made a proper 64-bit driver for Vista and 7 on Kaspersky 2009 (as it could be considered an old program now).

*I have tried the Avira Free Edition and it works fine. I was forced to drop my Kaspersky 2009 AV because it simply doesn't work (and there are no updates to make it work).

* There is a patch somewhere in the internet that makes Win 7 run unsigned drivers, I haven't tried it if it would make Kaspersky run.

If Kaspersky never got their 2009 drivers signed, DO NOT attempt to use "a patch somewhere on the internet" that makes Windows 7 run unsigned drivers. You're only asking for trouble.

As rodney_ws said, other antivirus solutions like Microsoft Security Essentials will work fine. If you're set on a paid solution like Kaspersky, DO NOT compromise the security of your system by trying to force Windows to load unsigned drivers. Upgrade to a version of the program that fully supports Windows 7 instead.
a b $ Windows 7
December 10, 2009 12:57:21 PM

tuesday0180 said:
That's the messag I get when I'm trying to install my Kaspersky antivirus 2009 cd.

I used it on my windows vista 32bit without any issues. Now that I have windows 7 64 bit I'm getting that error message.

I checked microsoft and kasperky's sites and they both say the program is compatible with windows 7 64 bit.

This also happens when I try to install BitDefender too.

Is there a way to make this work?

Please Purchase, download, and install the latest version from the maker's website. If you don't want to pay for AV protection, there are free alternatives. Again: Download and install the latest version, please.
December 10, 2009 4:38:14 PM

Scotteq said:
Please Purchase, download, and install the latest version from the maker's website. If you don't want to pay for AV protection, there are free alternatives. Again: Download and install the latest version, please.

Do you think kaspersky will alow me to download their latest version for free? The reason I want to use this 2009 version is because I still have a few months left on my paid yearly subscription. I was using it all the way until a few days ago when I upgraded to win 7.
a c 215 $ Windows 7
December 10, 2009 5:19:46 PM

No, Kaspersky will not let you upgrade for free. They may however, allow you to move the remaining duration of your subscription to the 2010 version for a small fee.
!