izodfan

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
Okay, first, my computer would not boot. I was changing a connection in the rear USB port, and I guess I must nhyave set it down a little rough, because afterwards, I wCustould turn it on, and find that only the fans were operating. After opening the case and checking the case, I found that one of the pins on the CPU was bent, so after straightening it, I put it back in, and now it sort of half boots. It makes it past CPU ID and mem test, but then it juse ghoes black with the blinking DOS text frisbee in the upper left hand corner. I checked all connections, and checked Bios setup and the HDDrive and Processor are detected, but I don't know what else to do.

Gigabyte M57 SLI
Athlon X2 64 6000+
3 gig DDR2 800
Geforce 8800 GTS
500 Gig WD

Kraynor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2007
If the CPU isn't damaged then it sounds like the partition on your HDD might have gotten corrupt. Try booting from a Windows CD, formatting the HDD, and reinstalling Windows.

izodfan

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2008
I have tried, but it doesnt wanna boot ast all, not even from the CD.

I just realised how poorly written that last post was. I was beat when i wrote it, sorry. I had forgotten to mention that I am using a zalman 9700 Aftermarket fan, and when I took the fan off to reseat the CPU, it pulled the CPU right out, even with the socket arm down, thats when I first realised I might be screwed.