Slow reponse on network but only one PC

abcramer

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I have a laptop and a PC next to each other.. The Main PC with the Router is 40 ft away.. The laptop is fine but the PC with a usb 802.11b adapter is very slow or non existance at times... What can i ck for? thanks...

abcramer

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
More info --- problem narrow down a little.... Its actually no response some times.... what is happening is when a page is loading from the internet site and before it is fully loaded you select something on the page to go to that is when the hang occurs.... If i wait until the entire page is loaded then everything is ok.. The problem occurs now because Im on a 802.11b connection wireless cpu and response it a lot slower then being connected direct to the modem and router.... Any ideas? Im sure i can hit something before the entire page is on the screen... Cant I?

abcramer

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Thats a 40 ft cable runniing thru the house.. I dont have a craw space or a basement. The problem now seems to me to be a system software problem. If i hit the enter key before my entire screen is available i hang up..... Anybody heard of this kinda problem.... I guess now i should report this in a different area... Im not positive now its a networking problem but that does bring it on since my transmission is a lot slower now......

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I just wondered, because the way it was worded, it sounded like the pc was next to the router and that's what you had problems with. My mistake, lol. You might try a G or N adapter. B is a pretty old standard, and may drag the rest of your network down as well. You should be able to find one cheap on newegg.

TRENDING THREADS