new build problem

promethium3000

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
hello, i just recently put together a new computer for the first time, so far the actual performance of the computer is good and have no problems with it. the problem i am having is that at random times when i go to start up the computer it wont post and goes in a loop of starting up getting to where its about to post and restarts, the only way i can fix it is to turn on and off the psu, after doing that it posts and starts normaly. the specs on my computer are:

intel q9550 2.83 ghz
radeon hd 4870
corsair 4gb (2x2gb) ddr2
ga-x48-ds4
corsair cmpsu-750tx 750w
vista premium 64-bit
wd se16 wd6400aaks 640gb 7200rpm
nzxt tempest

i havent done any overclocking and just put it together two days ago, it worked fine the first day and just started having this problem yesterday. thankls for any help.

(p.s. sorry about the lack of capital letters keyboards at my job fail)

georgy

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
When i use bad settings in overclock (memory i think) i get this problem with the same mobo.It seems like iIt tries to boot 2-3 times and then reset bios. I don't power off the psu i just let it reboot until it's fine. I'm not getting this error if i don'T use bad OC settings.. i would go set memory timings and voltage manually.

promethium3000

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
hmmm mine ran longer then 2-3 restarts it got to about its 6th time before i decided to reset the psu. thanks for the reply ill attempt to change the memory settings and see if that works.