PC specification

G

My English isn't very well.
So I gathering together this:
VGA: ASUS HD 4850 512Mb
CPU: Intel E8200
RAM: 2x2gb ddr2 kingston 800mhz CL4

I haven't clear mind about motherboard. Could be GA-EP45-DS3 but I want something less expensive.

PSU - if 500W could be enough?

Are these parts similar one to another? (not "superCPU" and middle level VGA)

G

on which manufacturers I should look on? Gigabyte, asus, msi, intel - are they good? AsRock is crap. Thats all i know.. :D

You don't need onboard video, so a p45 chipset board should work fine. Pick one with only the features you will use. I also recommend getting 2 identical boards if you want to use your cpu for more than 3 years. Many boards go out of production in only 6-9 months. Cpus tend to last longer than motherboards. I like asrock; I own 2 socket 775 models, one p45 and one g43 with hdmi support. Given the brands you mentioned, asus is probably the best overall choice.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
should be absolutely plenty. Don't worry about OC'ing either, if you stay under like 5Ghz. You should be good to go.

Even with that system and the CPU @ 4000Mhz and 1.5v, I'm only getting 384 watts at the extreme power supply calculator at outervision.com.

Though if the PSU is a bad brand then it may be a problem. PC Power and Cooling, Corsair, Seasonic, and Antec for PSU's, Gigabyte is my personal favorite for motherboards. STAY AWAY from ECS... whatever you do. MSI is okay from what I've heard, but the last board I got from them (it was a very nice 650i Platinum) didn't work....