Crysis Warhead tested on my laptop. Thank You Crytek!

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
The game was run med, @ 1440x900 (DX 10). Usually in Crysis ran avg 30 fps with a drop to 14-18 frames (At one point I lower the resolution to 1024x900 and start lowering quality to maintain 20 fps during intensive action in Crysis 1), now I'm getting almost 40 with a minimum drop of 28 during intesive battles.

I'm trully amazed by this game, and I'm glad I bought it. I will install it today when I get home and show benchmarks when running quad sli 9800 GX2s. (I'll also test tri-sli 280 GTXs if I get the time and also the 4870 X2):)

:)

Guerreiro29

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2008
I have looked everywhere and cannot find a straight answer about how many installations will be allowed with Crysis Warhead. EA and Crytek are being extremely tight lipped about the matter, and are not commenting one way or another probably to avoid the bad publicity that hit spore. If you’ve installed it on your laptop and desktop you’ve already used 2 installations. Would you be willing to bite the bullet and uninstall and re-install it a couple of times to see how many installations they will allow? I'm just kidding of course, but I will not be purchasing this game until I know how many installations the DRM will allow.

G

nice

I actually just finished the original crysis on delta difficulty and on all high with a 4870, maintaining an average of about 35 fps, with dips into the upper teens on air craft carrier, and acension

I'm just hoping in crysis warhead, i'll either get constantly above 30 fps, or i'm able to tweak in game high settings to VH, and get a constant 30 fps with drops into the 20s

and it sounds like I may get the first, but not the tweaks :(

either way it will be awsome

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
well you could buy it on steam and not have th problem.

I am pretty sure that if you call the company and explain the situation they can help you out, they can't just tell us not to install it somewhere else as long as its from our house for 30$ ....

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
nice

I actually just finished the original crysis on delta difficulty and on all high with a 4870, maintaining an average of about 35 fps, with dips into the upper teens on air craft carrier, and acension

I'm just hoping in crysis warhead, i'll either get constantly above 30 fps, or i'm able to tweak in game high settings to VH, and get a constant 30 fps with drops into the 20s

and it sounds like I may get the first, but not the tweaks :(

either way it will be awsome

trust me it will, if it managed to do 30+ on Crysis 1 this one runs like a dream!!

G

no warhead is a stand a lone expansion

after they announced warhead they ditched Crysis, as in no longer patching it =(

anyways a patch that would fix performance for crysis would be gi-normous as it would have to stream line lots and lots of code

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Just pirate it when you overran the 3 activations. Easy. :na:

I still haven't had time to beat the original Crysis. I play it on medium-high at 1024x768, which is o.k since I still have a good CRT monitor. I've decided I'm not going to buy anymore of this limited installation crap unless the game is under $20, so I'll probably have to wait a while to guy Warhead :sweat: . Yeah I'm not gonna get spore either. Anyway by that time I should have a rig to play it on Very High :D .

LAN_deRf_HA

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Damnit, I forgot it was EA. I figured since crysis didn't have SecuROM warhead wouldn't. I absolutely refuse to knowingly install a program that can't be uninstalled. That's what I'd call a rootkit... and the fact that they're paying sony money for nothing highlights how stupid the people making these decisions are. All this crap has done is stuff sony's pockets and INCREASE the amount of pirating. I can't believe it's so bad now that you either have to pirate a game or get stuck with some gimped version. I also can't do steam as every game I've ever downloaded from it doesn't work with mods.

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Then use the cracked pirated version without SecuRom and buy a boxset to set atop a shelf if it eases your moral. :p

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008

I was honestly going to do that until I found it could be gotten on steam :bounce:

I've never used mods with a non valve game on steam, so if those don't work like deRf says, then I may end up getting it anyway. Then I'll have the steam versions for multiplayer and legitimacy, and a 'warm' version to toy with =)

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007

Sorry liquid but from what I have seen on the techpowerup forums, you are full of ****. The consensus over there is that it runs the same...and these people actually have it installed on their system unlike you. But, one rumor is that it has better game play than the first.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Looks like the only thing full of **** is your attitude. I got it 2day.

Thank You very much for speaking on behave of nothing considering you never played it.

The game runs atleast 28 fps on my 9700M GTS with out having to lower the resolution and in full DX 10. (Med graphics)

compared to 18-25 on the same laptop, in dx 9 low shaders:) ofc the intense parts for both games.

prick1.jpg

boo.jpg

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
Oh yeah I also have the EB games receipt, incase you want to keep being a prick.

IGN claims it running perfect on a mainstream system, bit-tech claims the same thing. I for one claimed that it runs on a almost 9600 GT equivalent card (not as strong) very well.

So please don't jump to conclusion so fast seriously

699$ to have Crysis fun

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
I dunno about that, I'm going to benchmark the 4870 X2 and the 280s as soon as I'm done my CS assignments.

I'm hoping I get scaling results and I'll have charts up as soon as I can.

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
they should do amazing, I was actually suprised that the game ran this nicely:)

I got misguided at first the CGI looked like in game graphics for a couple of clips and the frame rates were 800 LMAO I was like dang!

but yeah the frames dropped to around 26 at the begining for 2 seconds but then went up to almost 40:)

I'm not saying anymore though, you'll see for yourself.

joetheone

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
The game runs pretty decently on my rig (stock 4870, E4300 @ 3Ghz, XP 32-bit, 4Gb RAM).

I have everything is set to "gamer" except for shaders which are at "enthusiast" no AA or AF 1680*1050 and according to fraps i'm getting between 30-45 fps at all times depending on how much action i've got onscreen.

The game seems good so far, but i did notice some ugly textures and pop in, hopefully some patches will fix those issues though.

Nica Guy

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
oh ok gotcha!
wow so they really improved the engine?

also another question ill have my q6600 at 3.2 will that bottleneck my 4870x2?
whats the maximum OC u can get with that cpu under air, a zalman 9700 and an x48 mobo?

pcgamer12

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
This is all good news. Thank you for the heads up Liquid.

Maybe, and just maybe Crytek will announce patch support after renouncing it for the original Crysis because Warhead is now out and they likely have more time on their hands. I'm looking forward to getting Warhead. I love the pricing for Crysis titles, $40 bucks for original, $30 for stand alone expansion. Great.