Here is my problem:

In explorer I select a long list of files (i.e. 50+ files apx 15MB
each) the selection process is fast. But after all the files are
selected I want to del them or copy them or whatever... so I right
click my mouse to get to the 'right click menu' but at this point there
is a LONG pause. This pause can be between 10-20 seconds depending on
how many files I have highlighted. This is the ONLY time that this
happens and I have NO slowdown with anything on my computer any other
time.

Why is there a long pause here ?? I mean the computer is not really
doing anything at this point ... Please advise me :O) - see my specs
below

Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz
1 GIG Ram
200 GIG Drive (100 GIG free)
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse & Keyboard (in case that matters but I
have no other mouse related issues)

Thank you
John

--
Thibor

Hi John,

Oh, but it is doing something at this point. You have selected all these
files, but when you right click you are indicating that you are about to do
something with them so they need to actually be loaded into physical memory.
It takes a bit to load 50x15MB (or 750MB, 3/4 of your physical memory)
files, especially if you have been monkeying with the virtual memory (and
worse if you installed some memory management software that is constantly
trying to purge the memory cache).

The other possibility is that there is a problem with a context menu entry
for that file type. If you select just one of the files, does the same delay
occur? This troubleshooter may help:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/context_folders.htm

--
Best of Luck,