Recording TV to computer?

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

I want to be able to record a tv show(s)to my computer HD. I have a
capture device, I have cable INTERNET anyway so I can split it or
whatever. I have no idea how to proceed. Is there a freebie prog for
this type of ap? I guess I want to turn my computer into a tivo.
Make my own full series DVD's of tv shows I like. Maybe suggest a
better group. This one came up among the first.

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about recording computer
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

    On 15 Sep 2004 16:49:42 -0700, vile5@comcast.net (Vile) wrote:

    >I want to be able to record a tv show(s)to my computer HD. I have a
    >capture device, I have cable INTERNET anyway so I can split it or
    >whatever. I have no idea how to proceed. Is there a freebie prog for
    >this type of ap? I guess I want to turn my computer into a tivo.
    >Make my own full series DVD's of tv shows I like. Maybe suggest a
    >better group. This one came up among the first.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    rec.video.desktop would be a good group. You don't state what your
    capture device is, so I don't know what software to suggest. This is
    what I use to do what you want to do:

    http://www.snapstream.com/Products/Products_PVS3.asp

    There are many others.

    Another source to research is:

    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

    Rich M.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

    Thanks that's a start for me....

    Richard M. <junk955@att.net> wrote in message news:<t6ohk0htc4rvhmabk9560p42ec16escils@4ax.com>...
    > On 15 Sep 2004 16:49:42 -0700, vile5@comcast.net (Vile) wrote:
    >
    > >I want to be able to record a tv show(s)to my computer HD. I have a
    > >capture device, I have cable INTERNET anyway so I can split it or
    > >whatever. I have no idea how to proceed. Is there a freebie prog for
    > >this type of ap? I guess I want to turn my computer into a tivo.
    > >Make my own full series DVD's of tv shows I like. Maybe suggest a
    > >better group. This one came up among the first.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    >
    > rec.video.desktop would be a good group. You don't state what your
    > capture device is, so I don't know what software to suggest. This is
    > what I use to do what you want to do:
    >
    > http://www.snapstream.com/Products/Products_PVS3.asp
    >
    > There are many others.
    >
    > Another source to research is: