Hello. I'm a Macintosh user trying to learn Windows XP. Are there any good
books out there someone can recommend to learn this complicated operating
system? Thank you in advance.

Try going to search at microsoft,type:paul McFedries The results will get
you to microsoft books on xp-"Power Techniques" and many more.

"MacWindowsUser" wrote:

> Hello. I'm a Macintosh user trying to learn Windows XP. Are there any good
> books out there someone can recommend to learn this complicated operating
> system? Thank you in advance.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Here you go:

Windows XP Booklist

Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out 2nd ed ISBN 0-7356-2044-X
www.microsoft.com/mspress
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Resource Kit 3rd ed ISBN 0-7356-2167-5
www.microsoft.com/mspress
Microsoft Windows Command-Line ISBN 0-7356-2038-5
www.microsoft.com/mspress
Windows XP Pro 2nd ed The Missing Manual ISBN 0-596-00898-8
www.missingmanuals.com
Windows XP in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition ISBN 0-596-00900-3 www.oreilly.com
Windows XP Annoyances for Geeks, 2nd ed ISBN 0-596-00876-7 www.oreilly.com
Windows XP Hacks, 2nd ed ISBN 0-596-0000918-6 www.oreilly.com
Windows XP Solutions ISBN 0-7645-6773-X www.wiley.com/compbooks/pcmag
Windows XP Speed Solutions ISBN 0-7645-7814-6
www.wiley.com/compbooks/pcmag
Guide to Home Networking ISBN 0-7645-4473-X www.wiley.com/compbooks/pcmag
Hacking Windows XP ISBN 0-7645-6929-5 www.TweakXP.com

Downloadable Guides

XP Tweak Guide (TweakGuides_XPTC.zip) from www.TweakGuides.com
Windows Registry Guide (registryguide2003.exe) from www.winguides.com
Error Message for Windows (MSWinErr.zip) from www.gregorybraun.com

The BIOS

The BIOS Companion ISBN 0-9681928-0-7 www.electrocution.com
Breaking Through The BIOS Barrier ISBN 0-13-145536-2 www.rojakpot.com

PC Hardware in a Nutshell ISBN 0-596-00513-X www.oreilly.com

PC Annoyances 2nd Edition ISBN 0-596-00882-1 www.oreilly.com
PC Hardware Annoyances ISBN 0-596-00715-9 www.oreilly.com
Internet Annoyances ISBN 0-596-00735-3 www.oreilly.com
Home Networking Annoyances ISBN 0-596-00808-2 www.oreilly.com

"MacWindowsUser" <MacWindowsUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I'm a Macintosh user trying to learn Windows XP. Are there any good
> books out there someone can recommend to learn this complicated operating
> system? Thank you in advance.

You could try Windows XP Inside Out by Ed Bott and Carl Siechert (Microsoft
Press)
Alternatively a new book by myself and others is due out around the 12
September titled Windows 2005 MVP by John Barnett, Curt Simmons, et al.
(Published by Wiley & Sons Inc)

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..