Motherboard/CPU/Memory Combo Builder

jester9000

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Have been looking at a lot of the more recent x48 and 790i motherboards and I just do not feel like dealing with the hassle of spending weeks on faulty equipment, numerous BIOS updates and RMA after RMA. I do not have the time or the patience when dropping a load of cash for these items.

Just curious if anybody knows somewhere I can get good gaming MB/CPU/MEM combo I have searched and found a few sites but they looked less than reputable. Just looking for these three together, will build the rest of it from Newegg. Thanks much in advance.

Understood completely. Even though I'm very experienced, I let a local shop handle the three and get a post before I picked it up. The service was provided free, although of course I payed perhaps $30.00 more for the parts over newegg.

jester9000

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
From my exprience local stores cost an arm and a leg and will only do certain combos, staying away from any high quality stuff. I would prefer an online builder.

www.jncs.com
They have been doing it for a long time, have bought several combos from them over the years including the infamous Celeron 300a on an Abit BH6 clocked to 450mhz, and they guarenteed it to work. Also bought 1 combo nearly 6 years ago that did not want to boot. 1 quick phone call and a complete replacement combo was instantly on the way. The only bad experience I ever had with them, they very quickly and cheerfully turned it into a good experience.
One more thing, they are a little pricey, but you if want NO PROBLEMS, and don't mind spending a little more for a bundle tested and guarenteed to work, these guys IMHO are very reputable.

It helps to have an ongoing relationship with a shop owner. I have one that could get almost anything I ask for, and will cut me good deals because I have supported him over the years and sent him business.

If I ever needed a CPU or a PSU tested, I have someone to turn to as well.

Doesn't that builder that works with Tigerdirect have some service like that?

Like I said, they are a little pricey. But if you have a problem, and you call them, they are there. When my combo would not boot, they run down a quick checklist, no blah, blah, blah, just fast pleasant results. To some people, that kind of service is worth something.
The packaging your kit comes in is VERY substantial, and professional.
They don't cut corners.
I have built many systems myself, and I like I said, I have also bought maybe 4 or 5? motherboard/CPU/memory combos from them. Just depends on the mood I am in a guess at the time.
The main thing is when you call them, they are there, they will talk to you and solve your issue, and they treat you like a person.
I also probably have bought items they had on special at time to time, when the price wasn't too far ahead of what you could buy serperately and do yourself.
Anyway, it's up to you.
But don't be afraid to deal with them because they may be "shady".

jester9000

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
Looked at jncs.com more closely and found that getting a mobo/cpu/mem combo there is $300-500 more than if I got the components myself at newegg. I am not sure if it is worth that much money for the hassle of a newer mobo. Thanks for the suggestion jitpublisher but I will pass this time.

Anybody have another site or company that could do me any better?