Need help setting up for high performance

Greetings once again.

Now that I solved a couple of issues with my computer, I think it's time to OC a little the system, although I don't know how, so please guide me through a little.

These are the specs of my computer:

Mother board: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Processor: Core i7 920 at 2.67 GHz
Memory: Corsair Dominator 6GB (3x2GB) 1600MHz
Video Card: EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX 285 1GB Superclocked Edition, that's 2 cards in SLi.
Power Supply Unit: Antec 1000w True Power Quattro
Case: Antec 1200 ATX Full Tower
Operative System: Windows Vista Enterprice, Service Pack 2, 64bit.
Monitor: ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor, working on 1920 x 1200

These are the video cards settings with EVGA's Precision tool:

This is the summary from GPU-Z:

And these are the sensors readings:

Now, the heaviest game I have as to graphical load it is, would be Crysis (original)
At the game's website I used their tool "Can you Run it?" and these are the results I got:

With all this said, if I set all the graphic options to Very High, keep resolution to 1920 x 1200, No AA and no V-Sync, the game runs on an average of 20 frames per second.
Should the performance of my machine be so low?

I also installed Frontlines: Fuels of War, and also maxed out all the graphic options. Again I get an average of 20 fps.

I have other games I can give you FPS data, but if you could maybe recomend me a tool used to figure out the average performance of the machine, it might be better.

Anyway, thanks in advance for all the help provided.
2 answers Last reply
More about need setting high performance
  1. I''m still looking for help with this.
    Since I don't have a profund knowledge on the subject, I don''t want to set it up wrong and fry my computer.
  2. Well first thing is the i7.
    These are usually overclock from 3.6 to 4.4Ghz.
    What CPU cooler are you using?

Edit: Just wanted to add, I don't think much will be gained from overclocking already overclocked graphics cards (this is what they mean by 'superclocked'). There could be a gain but it wont be really be that noticeable. I might be wrong here, but I wouldn't expect more than 10%, which takes you from 20 to 22fps.... so I'd start with CPU to see if that can provide a better gain.

Edit: also check out the i7 overclocking guide, the sticky at the top of the overclocking forum, this will help increase your knowledge a bit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Product