Sign in with
Your question

How I do partition/format deleted data on my One Touch IV Mini

Last response: in Storage
January 23, 2010 10:35:25 AM

I have deleted all data on my maxtor one IB mini (80gb) and now want to format/partition it so that I can get all new data from my C: drive. How do I do this.
a b G Storage
January 23, 2010 7:25:13 PM

If you deleted all data on it, it's now empty, no need to format or partition.
Select the files and folders you want and choose copy then paste to your maxtor drive.
Or you can use the Windows backup to save the files to the maxtor.
Personaly I prefer to backup data files manually, so that they are accessible as individual files, rather then the one large Windows file.
For instance I would select my documents, photos and media folders and just copy them across to the backup drive. Anything important that I don't want to loose gets burnt to dvd.
January 28, 2010 7:46:46 PM

Jonmor68 said:
If you deleted all data on it, it's now empty, no need to format or partition.
Select the files and folders you want and choose copy then paste to your maxtor drive.
Or you can use the Windows backup to save the files to the maxtor.
Personaly I prefer to backup data files manually, so that they are accessible as individual files, rather then the one large Windows file.
For instance I would select my documents, photos and media folders and just copy them across to the backup drive. Anything important that I don't want to loose gets burnt to dvd.

I do I backup data files manually from windows. I would like to backup just my document, photos and media folders. Where is the backup drive. Are you talking about my maxtor drive.

!