DLP vs LCD Projectors

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 17, 2004 3:56:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Would someone please advise a link and/or tell me what the real-life
differences are between LCD and DLP projectors. Why one over the other.

I have a very special, unique application where >= 2000 Lumens is advised.
Spatial resolution >= 10 x 7 is needed. Computer-IN only is ok (link will
be between a PC and projector only, no separate DVD though DVD images will
be one of the sources).

Best Regards,
Wayne

More about : dlp lcd projectors

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 9:22:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Found sufficient info/links on the web describing the differences

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Would someone please advise a link and/or tell me what the real-life
> differences are between LCD and DLP projectors. Why one over the other.
>
> I have a very special, unique application where >= 2000 Lumens is advised.
> Spatial resolution >= 10 x 7 is needed. Computer-IN only is ok (link will
> be between a PC and projector only, no separate DVD though DVD images will
> be one of the sources).
>
> Best Regards,
> Wayne

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 4:49:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Try this link

http://www.projectorcentral.com/glossary.cfm

Wells Wylie

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Would someone please advise a link and/or tell me what the real-life
> differences are between LCD and DLP projectors. Why one over the other.
>
> I have a very special, unique application where >= 2000 Lumens is advised.
> Spatial resolution >= 10 x 7 is needed. Computer-IN only is ok (link will
> be between a PC and projector only, no separate DVD though DVD images will
> be one of the sources).
>
> Best Regards,
> Wayne

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:13:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Link came up dead. Thank You anyway.
Wayne

<wwylie8643@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Try this link
>
> http://www.projectorcentral.com/glossary.cfm
>
> Wells Wylie
>

> "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > Would someone please advise a link and/or tell me what the real-life
> > differences are between LCD and DLP projectors. Why one over the
other.

> > I have a very special, unique application where >= 2000 Lumens is
advised.
> > Spatial resolution >= 10 x 7 is needed. Computer-IN only is ok (link
will
> > be between a PC and projector only, no separate DVD though DVD images
will
> > be one of the sources).
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Wayne

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 2:27:16 AM

> Link came up dead. Thank You anyway.
> Wayne
>

> <wwylie8643@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > Try this link
> >
> > http://www.projectorcentral.com/glossary.cfm

Link just worked for me. Try again :-)
Anonymous
September 24, 2004 1:37:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

Yes it Did! Thank you!!

Wayne

!