Beta - Vets

I am in The Beta for Jump to lightspeed and I was not at fan fest.

yay
14 answers Last reply
More about beta vets
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Superman wrote:
    > I am in The Beta for Jump to lightspeed and I was not at fan fest.
    >
    > yay

    I too, and I found it extremely buggy. And on my galaxy forum someone
    with a new account for an alt, also got an invite. Feeling special now? heh
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    I am just happy. I have never been part of a beta for anything.

    I have tried for almost every game out there to get into beta.

    The force must be with me for this one :0

    I was mad because I am on the other side of the country and could not attend
    Fan fest.

    "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    > Superman wrote:
    >> I am in The Beta for Jump to lightspeed and I was not at fan fest.
    >>
    >> yay
    > I too, and I found it extremely buggy. And on my galaxy forum someone with
    > a new account for an alt, also got an invite. Feeling special now? heh
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Space is nice so far. I experinced no Lag but It was only me a a few people
    in space.

    "Superman" <:30@ptd.net> wrote in message
    >I am just happy. I have never been part of a beta for anything.
    >
    > I have tried for almost every game out there to get into beta.
    >
    > The force must be with me for this one :0
    >
    > I was mad because I am on the other side of the country and could not
    > attend Fan fest.
    >

    > "baegucb" <user@example.net> wrote in message
    >> Superman wrote:
    >>> I am in The Beta for Jump to lightspeed and I was not at fan fest.
    >>>
    >>> yay
    >> I too, and I found it extremely buggy. And on my galaxy forum someone
    >> with a new account for an alt, also got an invite. Feeling special now?
    >> heh

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:11:53 -0500, baegucb <user@example.net> wrote:

    >Superman wrote:
    >> I am in The Beta for Jump to lightspeed and I was not at fan fest.
    >>
    >> yay
    >>

    >I too, and I found it extremely buggy. And on my galaxy forum someone
    >with a new account for an alt, also got an invite. Feeling special now? heh

    Well of course it is buggy.... if it weren't, you would have paid your
    $30 and be playing in a live game.

    And Yeah. I do feel special. ANd I feel lucky. Seeing that which only
    a few of the total number of players get to see and be part of
    developing.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Beta is Awesome.

    I have been testing out some generic controllers and they work great.

    Using the mouse is not the easiest thing in the world. The game is much
    better with a controller. I would recommend one to anyone that is going to
    get serious in playing the space expansion.

    I have experience no lag in space. Just some on Naboo in Theed infront of
    the space port because there are 1000 people outside.

    <Skinner1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:11:53 -0500, baegucb <user@example.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Superman wrote:
    >>> I am in The Beta for Jump to lightspeed and I was not at fan fest.
    >>>
    >>> yay
    >>>

    >>I too, and I found it extremely buggy. And on my galaxy forum someone
    >>with a new account for an alt, also got an invite. Feeling special now?
    >>heh
    >
    > Well of course it is buggy.... if it weren't, you would have paid your
    > $30 and be playing in a live game.
    >
    > And Yeah. I do feel special. ANd I feel lucky. Seeing that which only
    > a few of the total number of players get to see and be part of
    > developing.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > It changed since last week. I would try it again.

    Hmmm... I might have to reinstall and check it out again. One of the
    problems I've noticed right away is that my friends aren't in it, so the
    whole reason I didn't drop the game a long time ago was because of them.
    It does make it easier to find and report the bugs though, since they
    seem to piss me off a lot quicker when I don't have anything else to do
    ;)

    - Oalan
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<g0a5l0p43420mccaehnhkv6ket09tutb1j@4ax.com>...

    > And Yeah. I do feel special. ANd I feel lucky. Seeing that which only
    > a few of the total number of players get to see and be part of
    > developing.

    Both of my accounts have an invite and all of my freinds got invited.

    Beggining to think they're giving everyone a chance to play before release.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Chris Pollard" <chris@cdp181.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote in message
    >
    > > And Yeah. I do feel special. ANd I feel lucky. Seeing that which
    only
    > > a few of the total number of players get to see and be part of
    > > developing.
    >
    > Both of my accounts have an invite and all of my freinds got invited.
    >
    > Beggining to think they're giving everyone a chance to play before
    release.

    I talked with one of my friends from SWG last night for the first time
    in ages. He said the JTL forums were full of people saying they only
    played 30mins and then quit playing it forever. If thats the case, it
    might've been a bad idea to invite everybody :(

    - Oalan
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Shane wrote:

    > That might make it sound like it is bad. Folks tell me there is
    > nothing wrong with JTL, the problem is they just can't figure out how
    > it applies to the game as a whole. It's like a game unto itself but
    > how does it advance defending a ground faction base, increasing the
    > size of your player city, resource harvesting, or how about the
    > general storyline of this MMOG in general.
    >
    > Seems like all they will do is drain away some of the ground game
    > folks to the space game. We lost a base because we had few defenders
    > on evening; they were all off beta flying. The first few weeks of live
    > JTL ought to be very interesting as it applies to player habits.
    >
    > On the bright side; it sounds as if the Earth and Beyond people will
    > have a new home.:P

    Don't forget that it still requires ground resources to build and
    maintain your ships, that should help keep people in the ground game.

    nib
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On 8 Oct 2004 00:36:58 -0700, chris@cdp181.demon.co.uk (Chris Pollard)
    wrote:

    >Skinner1@hotmail.com wrote in message news:<g0a5l0p43420mccaehnhkv6ket09tutb1j@4ax.com>...
    >
    >> And Yeah. I do feel special. ANd I feel lucky. Seeing that which only
    >> a few of the total number of players get to see and be part of
    >> developing.
    >
    >Both of my accounts have an invite and all of my freinds got invited.
    >
    >Beggining to think they're giving everyone a chance to play before release.

    I think they don't need another repeat of opening day. Never hurts to
    offer a few free weeks of beta to see how server load handles under
    stressed conditions.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "nib" <individual_news@nibsworld.com> wrote in message
    > Shane wrote:
    > >
    >> That might make it sound like it is bad. Folks tell me there is
    >> nothing wrong with JTL, the problem is they just can't figure out how
    >> it applies to the game as a whole. It's like a game unto itself but
    >> how does it advance defending a ground faction base, increasing the
    >> size of your player city, resource harvesting, or how about the
    >> general storyline of this MMOG in general. Seems like all they will do is
    >> drain away some of the ground game
    >> folks to the space game. We lost a base because we had few defenders
    >> on evening; they were all off beta flying. The first few weeks of live
    >> JTL ought to be very interesting as it applies to player habits.
    >>
    >> On the bright side; it sounds as if the Earth and Beyond people will
    >> have a new home.:P
    >

    > Don't forget that it still requires ground resources to build and maintain
    > your ships, that should help keep people in the ground game.
    >
    > nib

    And when you get hurt in space - you get significant wounds and battle
    fatigue
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 11:49:06 -0500, nib
    <individual_news@nibsworld.com> wrote:

    >Don't forget that it still requires ground resources to build and
    >maintain your ships, that should help keep people in the ground game.
    >
    >nib

    OK, the space game drains ground resource, but what does the space
    game do for us ground folk other than eat up our resources and
    credits? What can I get from the space game that will enhance or help
    the ground game?

    EQ expansion at least offered new spells and crafting items if you
    couldn't scrape up the man power for the new dungeon crawls whose
    difficulty was dictated by the uber guilds.At least there were some
    consolation prizes that you could use in the old EQ world. This is
    what I am finding problematic about the first expansion. Did I miss
    something or is it just all about the opportunity to fly around in
    space and twitch?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:37:00 -0700, "Shirley Kincaid"
    <tinyperson@comcast.net> wrote:

    >I don't know that I would get into EQ2. I came to despise what happened to
    >the first one enough. I am not sure that I will do the JTL, I have my hands
    >full working on the FS branches, regardless of whether I decide to go Jedi
    >or not. The main thing I like about this game over EQ or others similar is
    >with my profession I don't HAVE to group if I don't want to, although SOE
    >seems bound and determined to dictate that I will need to at some point.
    >This is not to say that I dislike groups, but I am selective and I'd rather
    >get myself killed only by my OWN stupidity instead of someone else who is
    >watchin the boob tube or something on a "solo" group. What is that by the
    >way?

    EQ2 won't be like EQ1. Yes for some things you will need groups.But it
    will be solo and casual player friendly. You'll have item rot and best
    items are player made as opposed to the need to camp the "good stuff".
    Best I can describe the class system is a hybrid between SWG and old
    EQ; still level dependent, but class begin in a broad area and only
    focus into your final "class" at the upper levels.

    I loved EQ but after 5 years, been there done that. It is a limited
    game and it really showed at the end where the uber guilds pretty much
    set the agenda to the point that some dungeons just couldn't be done
    by may high mid level guild. I remember when a bunch of uber guilds on
    a server pulled down "The Sleeper" who was a Death Touch MoB never
    meant to be "killed". They did it and it was that kind of power the
    devs based their dungeon,drop, game design on and that made it party
    dependent for anything nice and also raised the frustration level as
    small guilds tried to cobble enough people together to attempt some of
    the content with mixed results.

    SWG has some content problems IMO, but I do like how I was able to get
    nice armor, a house, mount in a relatively short time. Unlike EQ where
    you can spend months saving for a single piece of armor and even
    adventure with other no matter what level you are.

    From what I read, Ill be giving EQ2 a chance, but I have always been
    partial to the fantasy setting and all the others out ATM just don't
    do it for me like EQ did. It will be interesting to see if EQ2 can
    give me that same feeling again or if it was nothing more then the
    right game at the right time...
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Thanks for the insight Shane, I pretty much felt the same way about that
    one --- been there done that. I would be interested to hear your thoughts
    when the new EQ2 comes out and get a player perspective before I commit to
    another one :)

    As far as SWG, yeah, there are a few content issues but I am comfortable
    enough with the game. I would say that they need to rethink a few aspects of
    the Jedi FS conversion rates however. 30 to 1 conversion does feel fairly
    steep to me. Other than that, I don't really have a beef with the whole
    revamp.

    As a matter of curiosity, I started a character on Bloodfin the other day to
    see how far I could get him while I wait for my combat missions on
    Corbantis. Made a Zabrak brawler and got him to midrang ein 1 handed weapons
    and unarmed relatively quickly. Doesn't have much cash or a house yet but
    I've only played him twice. I had no idea the brawler profession had that
    kind of power coming out of the gate. Cho Mai doing 425pts on an NPC as a
    novice brawler with a cheap bazaar bought Gaderiffi baton was scary.

    --
    Obitrotzu Ossko
    Wayfarer / Creature Tamer

    "Shane" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:37:00 -0700, "Shirley Kincaid"
    > <tinyperson@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>I don't know that I would get into EQ2. I came to despise what happened to
    >>the first one enough. I am not sure that I will do the JTL, I have my
    >>hands
    >>full working on the FS branches, regardless of whether I decide to go Jedi
    >>or not. The main thing I like about this game over EQ or others similar is
    >>with my profession I don't HAVE to group if I don't want to, although SOE
    >>seems bound and determined to dictate that I will need to at some point.
    >>This is not to say that I dislike groups, but I am selective and I'd
    >>rather
    >>get myself killed only by my OWN stupidity instead of someone else who is
    >>watchin the boob tube or something on a "solo" group. What is that by the
    >>way?
    >
    > EQ2 won't be like EQ1. Yes for some things you will need groups.But it
    > will be solo and casual player friendly. You'll have item rot and best
    > items are player made as opposed to the need to camp the "good stuff".
    > Best I can describe the class system is a hybrid between SWG and old
    > EQ; still level dependent, but class begin in a broad area and only
    > focus into your final "class" at the upper levels.
    >
    > I loved EQ but after 5 years, been there done that. It is a limited
    > game and it really showed at the end where the uber guilds pretty much
    > set the agenda to the point that some dungeons just couldn't be done
    > by may high mid level guild. I remember when a bunch of uber guilds on
    > a server pulled down "The Sleeper" who was a Death Touch MoB never
    > meant to be "killed". They did it and it was that kind of power the
    > devs based their dungeon,drop, game design on and that made it party
    > dependent for anything nice and also raised the frustration level as
    > small guilds tried to cobble enough people together to attempt some of
    > the content with mixed results.
    >
    > SWG has some content problems IMO, but I do like how I was able to get
    > nice armor, a house, mount in a relatively short time. Unlike EQ where
    > you can spend months saving for a single piece of armor and even
    > adventure with other no matter what level you are.
    >
    > From what I read, Ill be giving EQ2 a chance, but I have always been
    > partial to the fantasy setting and all the others out ATM just don't
    > do it for me like EQ did. It will be interesting to see if EQ2 can
    > give me that same feeling again or if it was nothing more then the
    > right game at the right time...

Games Fan Video Games