Looking for White ATX Cases

eclipseme

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Any recommendations? Preferably pure white with side windows and LED lights. Building a gaming rig so need to have efficient airflow. Not on a budget :)

craige4u

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
i am sure white will be great... but trust me after a few months, that case will turn "creamy" and then you might wish u would have gone with black!

So go with a white but with caution!

huron - Thanks!

eclipseme - I think Newegg and Tiger Direct still have a couple of white cases but they don't come up in their search engine. You have to look at the thumbnail photos during a manual search. Be prepared to go through over 300 listings.

wahjahka

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008

but hey, if you want a white case get one, just cause other people dont like white cases doesnt mean you shouldnt get one!

this citrus is yummy :)

@OP: Is this for some kind of a mod?

Imo, you'll better be off getting a black/silver,etc case and painting it white with automotive paint and then putting a clear coat over it. The reason you should put a clear coat is else the dust,etc is going to discolor the white.

Shadow703793,

We're probably getting off the OP's subject but I sometimes do case mods. Just finished modding a CM 932 HAF. Did it in a black and copper theme. I never thought of using automotive paint. is there any particular reason for using automobile paint?

Some clearcoats can yellow as time goes buy. I use a crystal clear laquer that is UV resistant.

^Usually auto motive paint is much more durable and the color is more cleaner looking, I also found it to dry quicker and is isier to apply. Yes, I was referring to the UV resistant clear coating (should have made it clear, no pun intended), in most cases they are UV resistant. I some times use engine enamel paint to give it a "thicker" look. I use DupliColor paint. They have a large color choice and doesn't cost too much over normal spray paint.

Link:
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/autospray.html

Also I use this:
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/scratchfix2in1.html

It's a very helpful thing for doing fine lines,writing,drawing,etc.