XFX Nvidia nForce 780i mobo memory problem

Hey, I recently bought a new XFX MB-N780-ISH9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Intel Motherboard and everything works great on it except 2 of the memory slots. When I put memory in DIMM slots 0 or 2 it will boot up fine, but if I put memory in DIMM slots 1 or 3 I get the long beeps and a C1 code on the mobo. The memory I am using is the CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel. The first time this happen I thought the 2 slots were bad, so did a RMA and got a new board, but it still does the same exact thing. So Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the mobo itself. I talked to the Xfx support and they said to try different memory or it could have something to do with my power supply. But before I buy different memory does anyone have any other ideas of why this is happening?

Here are the specs of my PC:

Motherboard: XFX nForce 780i MB-N780-ISH9 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813141005
PSU: Rosewill RX950-D-B 950W
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 G0 LGA 775
Memory: 2Gb (2 x 1Gb) Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145177
CD/DVD-RW combo drive
Western Digital 7200rpm 500gb SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard drive
1 ZOTAC Nvidia 9800GTX 512MB PCI-E graphics card
Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI sound card
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro heatsink
4 x 80mm case fans
4 answers Last reply
More about nvidia nforce 780i mobo memory problem
  1. 1. You went cheap on the PSU.
    2. Adjust the voltage in the BIOS to what Corsair recommends for your RAM.
    3. Replace that Rosewill PSU ASAP. Antec, Corsair, Enermax, PC P&C, Zalman, Thermaltake, and Seasonic (unless in a predominately 220v region, ie Europe) are all good choices (your PSU is most likley only "Pushing" about 550W).
  2. Thanks for the reply. I thought my PSU might have something to do with it. I will try out a new one soon. Iv been looking at this Antec 1000W http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371012 . Think that is good and can handle the specs of my PC plus handle SLI later when I buy another video card? Any other suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks
  3. have you tried upping the nb volts a little, i really doubt that the power supply is at fault, they only start to show themselves up when put under heavy load , i would also try slackening the timings, some times you can not run 4 sticks at the standard timings
  4. 950W power supply, I don't think that is going cheap. That's allot of juice and that company is not bad at all. I got the same board, and I think you just need to stagger the memory cards seperate... like not 0,1,2,3,4 more like: 0, 2 ( not memory cards right next to each other.) Because that caused me the issue you had. Might as well check all your other wire connections again too. In the bios I would leave the setting for memory at "auto" till you get past this issue.

oh man... just read the date of this thread... well hope it helps someone.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Memory Nvidia Product