Sign in with
Your question

Set up Raid 0 on asus m4a79t deluxe windows 7

Last response: in Storage
January 24, 2010 7:28:56 AM

I have 2 x 1.5 TB Seagates on a ASUS M4A79T Deluxe mobo running Win7 Ultimate 64.
I want to make a raid 0 without loss of data on current C drive.
Seeking advice on procedure.
Am A+ / Network + trained on PCs - have made raids before but unsure with Win 7 rig.
Thanks. Mikea01.
January 25, 2010 7:45:14 PM

if the C: is already one of the 2 1.5TBs I don't think you can. If not, I'd look in to imaging the old drive to the new RAID array.
January 26, 2010 5:05:00 PM

vibe said:
if the C: is already one of the 2 1.5TBs I don't think you can. If not, I'd look in to imaging the old drive to the new RAID array.

Thanks. I have 2 drives - C: has the boot stuff and apps and data. D: is only used as a backup, but may be reformatted. I can backup whole system to an additional external 1 TB disk then build array - but it is my last option as USB is too slow and last time I tried it the backup failed to restore so all was lost ( on XP Pro SP2 ).
Guess it is best option i.t.o. good nights sleep!. Am going to Canada soon and will buy 4 or 5 fast SSDs and put them in RAID 5 - maybe not do RAID 0 now ?. Advice will be much appreciated. My real question is about drivers and procedure - where to get best drivers for my kit and what to do in what sequence. I have a serious Flight Sim outfit ( US$ 6 000 ) and need speed more than space or security. Cheers. Mike.
!