AM3 Socket Heatsink/Coolers

I am unable to find any Xigmatek coolers that are compatible with AM3 sockets except for Thor's Hammer, which if I read correctly doesn't come with side fans. Does anyone recommend any Cooler/Heatsinks for an AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz
5 answers Last reply
More about socket heatsink coolers
  1. Yup, I installed a Scythe Samurai Zz a few days ago on my Phenom II 710x3 and have been enjoying some awesome temps since. It is pretty cheap too, performs outside it's price for sure.
  2. dnabb05 said:
    I am unable to find any Xigmatek coolers that are compatible with AM3 sockets except for Thor's Hammer, which if I read correctly doesn't come with side fans. Does anyone recommend any Cooler/Heatsinks for an AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz

I just got my Scythe Mugen 2 a few days ago.. took my cpu load temps down a lot (almost 20C over stock cooler!) . My cpu runs at 45C under load at 3.6GHZ on a phenom II 955.. so far so good =)))

So if it fits in your case, I recommend it!
  3. Here is a link to a very good web site with lots of useful information and reviews of AMD cpu heatsinks:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

Scroll down the page to get to the AMD section. You can also use the embedded search engine to find out about AM3 compatible cpu heatsinks.
  4. Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciate the help.
  5. I would recommend a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer, I have one in an antec 900 and it is (atleast to my ears) silent on low settings while still keeping it very very cool
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Socket Overclocking