brosh

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
I recently bought my first Zotac product.
I didn't want to buy at first because I never heard of Zotac but a guy told me it's a good company so I decided to buy the GeForce 9800GT.

I was VERY disappointed to realize I have products missing:

The cable and the HDMI-DVI connector:

Store: Talked to the store I bought the card from and they said that they just get the card like that from abroad.
Zotac: Sent an e-mail to Zotac and never got a reply. Posted on their forums and was told to talk to the store I bought the card from.

*** The package was closed I could see that I was the first one opening it.

What should I do?

--
Regards, Brosh Michael

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
Get a lawyer and sue everything that moves. Thats what most red blooded americans do.

or if you feel a little weak and unamerican, get over yourself and pay $5 to get the new thing in your local hardware store.

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
he shouldnt have to pay extra for that. he bought the card not like it was free. i would give zotac a call and see wat they can do about it. or take it to the shop and buy a new one.

shaundwm

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
To be honest, it's just not worth the time or effort to get this sorted the 'diplomatic blah blah way', just bite the bullet and but the cable and adaptor, they're rather inexpensive.
The retailer really cannot do much about it's just not their fault, pop the message to the manufacturer and you may just get reinbursed for the cable and adaptor, do you seriously want to refund a $100 card for something that you can buy for $5?

I wouldn't...

michiganteddybear

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
could it be that those items are OPTIONAL, and not included in the exact SKU you purchased??

many manufacturers use the EXACT same packaging for similar SKU's, just change the barcode sticker on it to reflect what is inside.

ram1009

Distinguished
Write the cost of the missing parts off to the price of learning about another company you don't want to do business with. Sounds cheap to me. I wish every lesson I ever learned only cost me money.

ajcroteau

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Just out of curiousity, does it say those items are included right on the box...

One thing that I do when i am unsure about an item i'm interested in purchasing is take it up to the customer service desk and ask them to open the box, your interesting in purchasing the item and you want to inspect the contents of the box.

Another thing to, someone said it's really not worth your time, here's the problem, when companies do things like this, that's what they want people to think. It's not gonna worth their time to complain so they'll just take up the !@#. I would take it to the store and if they continue to say it's not there problem, and you've spoken to a manager, tell them you either want a refund or your contacting the better business bureau. That's what american's should be doing.

Lastly, always buy from newegg. Better prices, better customer service...

brosh

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
Thanks guys.

BTW, my brother said that, that cable is really important and I'll need it but he didn't explain why exactly.

Why the **** do I need a DVI audio cable?

TRENDING THREADS