dave241151

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Hello,
I have an Amilo Li 2727 laptop with an Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 processor. Despite installing a new fan (the old one had stopped working), the CPU is still overheating reaching temperatures over 50 degrees C regularly ~ any ideas what the problem might be and if there's anything I can do about it? My OS is Windows XP Pro and my motherboard is a FUJITSU SIEMENS LV1 (U2E1)

You call 50°C hot? The heat may be a product of what you are doing and how well the air access vents are exposed to allow cooling air in. (50°C is quite warm, but  I   wouldn't be concerned... It's when it gets to about 90 that something should be changed).

Confusedracoon

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
again tigs..that bug rofl...made me look twice...

regards to the lap warmer, make sure you use it on a flat hard surface....E.G. if you use it in bed... get a large had back book or a bit of cutting board or something..anything will do, it just keeps the air vents clearer....if you are stillworrying about it...invest in a laptop cooler board...its like...a a pillow/frame with a fan built into it to blow cool air at the bottom of your laptop...but as Tigs said...50C isnt too bad...undesirable but not bad...if it hits high 60's/70's start worrying