Status
Not open for further replies.

galahad1313

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
what is the difference between overclocking & using the overdrive utility in ATI catalyst? not that it matters much since my 1st attempt at using it gave me corrupted graphic smudges on my desktop and i had to reboot. no doubt because my current ati card sucks badly (x1650). it's ok to reach for your gag-bags lol not a great card but it was all i could afford at the time.

Solution
dude, advice from experience, dont ever use the automatic overclock with ati ccc! increase your clocks by 5 increments at a time, i mean 5 clocks, or whatever you want to call them! 1 notch! is what i mean, and then run a test, if thats fine, go one more, and so on! the auto clock thingy i used that before and it messed my card up! it doesnt stress test the card enough! some people will say im wrong here, and that they had great results from auto overclocking, which im not denying you can get, but manually is always the best, safest and most addictive way to go :)

dacca

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
dude, advice from experience, dont ever use the automatic overclock with ati ccc! increase your clocks by 5 increments at a time, i mean 5 clocks, or whatever you want to call them! 1 notch! is what i mean, and then run a test, if thats fine, go one more, and so on! the auto clock thingy i used that before and it messed my card up! it doesnt stress test the card enough! some people will say im wrong here, and that they had great results from auto overclocking, which im not denying you can get, but manually is always the best, safest and most addictive way to go :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.