Unlocking phenom ii x2 to a x4

kevbaker16

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Just earlier today I first started overclocking for the first time ever, and was on a brand new pc build, I have a gigabyte MA785GM-US2H motherboard, I have yet to install the driver disc but that's because I don't have a place to hook up an old pata dvd drive, anyway, I activated the hybrid stuff in the bios in the tweaking part, set the other thing to auto and saved the settings, everything else was at auto or normal, on the boot it showed it as a phenom ii x4 Be50 or something like that, and it loaded and said it updated successfully and showing windows xp loading and it would power off, I have the same thing happening when I try to overclock further than 3.82Gh.

jms31207

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
i heard ACC is what unlocks extra cores and cache, but i dont know enough to tell you what happened, ive only overclocked a few times and never had a problem like that, wish i could be more help :( sorry

kevbaker16

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009

Well, my motherboard has ACC and other features used to unlock cores, so that shouldn't be the problem.

dacca

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
yo dude, you need to up the voltage, some cpu's dont actually succesfully unlock to 4 cores anyway, its only certain models, doesnt sound like yours is doing that, so i would say you probably need to up the voltage, be very careful though, read guides first, there is a great guide on this site for overclocking black edition phenoms, i will try and find it after posting this, be very careful as i say though dude, i fried my last motherboard from overclocking :(