Blaze051806

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
Ok so i have Four 120mm Case fans in my Mid-tower. Two blow in the case from the Side Panel and 1 blows in from the front and the other blow out from the Back. now the front and back fans are factor set at 60% speed which is fine there quite but my other two in the side are Factory set at 100%! which is madness lol i can here them things from a different room. could anyone Recommend some way as to where i can set the speed down a tad? please note im a noob at Bios o_O in case thats a option. thanks blaze.

Unless your side fans are being powered by a MB header, adjusting the speed from BIOS can not be done. The side fans are more likely drawing 12v power from a 4 pin molex adapter. You could install an adjustable speed fan colntroller and run the side fans through the controller and adjust the speed/noise level that way. Or you can buy fans that have a built in speed control like the Antec Tri Cool. If the noise really bothers you repalcing the fans with something more quiet would be the easiest approach.

Built in speed control 1200 / 1600 / 2000 RPM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209011