uk recommended server

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 24, 2004 1:31:13 PM

just wondered if i should be using a different server as i'm
currently on corbantis. which came up as the recommended server
when i installed the game.. shall i leave it? .. the game lags when
in the city (i have 1gig of ram, radeon 9800 and amd xp3000 cpu)..

regards
s.o

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 32 (RC3)
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

More about : recommended server

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 8:30:41 PM

> just wondered if i should be using a different server as i'm
> currently on corbantis. which came up as the recommended server
> when i installed the game.. shall i leave it? .. the game lags when
> in the city (i have 1gig of ram, radeon 9800 and amd xp3000 cpu)..

The game lags because it doesn't have enough memory to buffer all
nescary textures. With a systems like yours I would try to find some
unnescessary background processes that use up much memory and terminate
them before starting SWG.
If you suspect the connection speed to be the problem anyway, try using
the network monitor. It can tell you the ping time to the server you are
currently using. In my case, the connection to the European server
Infinity is not remarkably better than to the American Test Center.

Greets,
Björn

--
Sharven Figohic @Infinity : Master Dancer, Master Fencer, Entertainer