uk recommended server

just wondered if i should be using a different server as i'm
currently on corbantis. which came up as the recommended server
when i installed the game.. shall i leave it? .. the game lags when
in the city (i have 1gig of ram, radeon 9800 and amd xp3000 cpu)..

regards
s.o

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 32 (RC3)
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
More about recommended server
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    > just wondered if i should be using a different server as i'm
    > currently on corbantis. which came up as the recommended server
    > when i installed the game.. shall i leave it? .. the game lags when
    > in the city (i have 1gig of ram, radeon 9800 and amd xp3000 cpu)..

    The game lags because it doesn't have enough memory to buffer all
    nescary textures. With a systems like yours I would try to find some
    unnescessary background processes that use up much memory and terminate
    them before starting SWG.
    If you suspect the connection speed to be the problem anyway, try using
    the network monitor. It can tell you the ping time to the server you are
    currently using. In my case, the connection to the European server
    Infinity is not remarkably better than to the American Test Center.

    Greets,
    Björn

    --
    Sharven Figohic @Infinity : Master Dancer, Master Fencer, Entertainer