Sign in with
Your question

WHICH IS THE BEST WINDOW FOR RAM 128MB

Last response: in Windows XP
January 24, 2011 4:15:19 AM

Hello,
I AM USING WINDOW XP WITH A RAM OF 128MB AND PROCESSER PENTIUM-3.THE PERFORMANCE IS TOO SLOW..SHOULD I GO FOR ANOTHER WINDOW..?PLS...HELP ME OUT

More about : window ram 128mb

January 24, 2011 4:20:51 AM

First, a lesson in etiquette, It is impolite to type in all caps.

If you only have 128MB of RAM, your system can't even hold Windows without spilling into the swapfile.

Get at least another 512MB added. Your system is so old, you may not be able to find memory of that type anymore. Good Luck.
m
l
January 24, 2011 5:56:59 PM

Windows 3.1 should run well. I have installed XP on a PIII laptop with 512MB of RAM, it RAN OK, with the base setup. You won't be doing much video watching on that thing though. Find a used P4, they sell for 60-100$ and will run Windows XP much better. Look for a 2.8 gig or faster system, and a 333 or a 400 mhz bus.
m
l
Related resources
January 24, 2011 9:15:25 PM

Throwing money at an old system is hardly worth it.

Any version of Windows below 98 is very dated and you cannot get any support from Microsoft.
Even Windows 98 is fairly limited by today's standards and that also gets little or no support.
I agree that 512mb is almost a minimum these days, but I would not bother even getting more ram for a very old pc.
Even 5 years is old by modern pc standards and components for old machine are hard to find.

I would save up for a good second hand machine running xp or Window 7

By the way when asking questions it is helpfull if you give more spec,about your PC.
Best of luck
m
l
January 25, 2011 1:16:51 PM

john- boy said:
By the way when asking questions it is helpfull if you give more spec,about your PC.
Best of luck

In this case, PIII with 128 MB RAM is more than enough info to sort out what he needs or what the issue is :lol:  ;) 
m
l
!