Wierd problem

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Last night,I got a Blue Screen Of Death on my Media computer I use upstairs.(This is my gaming computer I am typing this on)..The only thing out of the ordinary I have done with it in the last 6 months is bought a Zune 32gb MP.3 player.When I turn the computer on it says something about 'start normally(recommended)..or use System Disc).I am having problems getting it started again.It goes to the post screen and that's it.I will keep any updates as the day goes on.........I clicked the thing that said 'repair'and it is still stuck at the POST screen.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

What should I do?

HMRkingpin

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Run your windows media disk and have it run a repair. You may have to reformat your HDD or buy a new one if it is faulty. (assuming your running windows).

You could also try booting up linux off of a flash drive and try to retrieve your files from the HDD, if you have to reformat or re-install the OS.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

When I started up again it went to 'starting Windows'then Blue Screened again.Disconnected my external HD--same thing. After I started up again, it says 'Launch Start Up Repair'(recommended) or 'Start Windows Normally'Did both.On 'Normally'The POST screen just stays there.The 'Launch Start-Up Repair'says Disk boot failure Insert system disc.I am using a 128 gb Zalman Ssd.I also have a 1tb WD Caviar Black,2tb WD Cavizr Green,and an External 2tb Seagate USB 3.0(think its called GOFLEX)
Should I insert my Windows 7 disc or should I chalk this Ssd up as done and buy a new one?Good thing I just copied all my music to my External.That is pretty much what I use it for.That and communication. I am using Windows7 Ultimate 64

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
After work in the morning I will try the Re- installation of Windows 7 disk.If that does not work,I will download a disk eraser and take all the info off the disc and start anew(I have 95% on my external).None of the info on the computer is (irreplaceable)If the drive is dead,then I will have to buy another one.This time I am going to get one slightly bigger.Maybe a 160gb or even a 200gb.It's just not cool to have these kinds of problems especially when I have alot of work related stuff to do on it,plus a lot of new music to download.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Did that and Safe Mode Blue Screened..then went back to Failure..etc..insert System Disk.Frustrating,but we are narrowing it down.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

All 12 gb are O.K. I took them out and tested them in this build I am typing on.My computer never had a problem until I started to use a Zune 32gb MP.3 player.That is the only device I have connected to my rig.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Doesn't start properly either way.Look at reply above.I do have a question..what is a System disk?Does it mean The Windows 7 OS disk.I am not sure.I just keep getting Blue Screens when I try safe mode and also when I try normally.

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Yes it is,but when I tried to re install my Windows 7 64 Ultimate,my Ssd is not recognized.Only my 2 Western Digital drives.1tb Black and 2tb Green. During the install it says upgrade or Custom(advanced) When I initaiily installed the disc 7 months ago, I chose Custom.I haven't went any further.I didn't make a choice yet.I am still trying to determine if my Zalman 128 gb Ssd is toast.When I last used it,It only had 8.4 gb left available.If my drive is tuast,then I will just buy a new one when I get back from New York.Is there any way to see if the Ssd is dead other than the BIOS?The BIOS recognized it.I saw the name Zalman 128 gb etc....

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

I do have something that I just noticed,an inconsistency,in BIOS,the Zalman is recognized,but on the POST screen all 3 of my other drives are recognized.This is a sign that pretty much ,well, the drive is toast.Also,I did manage to back my files up last week so I should have about 90% of all.I don't have any Fragile files on that computer>anything that can't be replaced.Thank god.I wonder if there is any other way to see if it is 100% dead.Right now I am about 50% sure. I will double check and make sure nothing came un plugged.But I haven't touched that case in 4 months.It sits about 4 feet off the ground,but still will check any how.