My new rig gets stuck in endless reboot loops!

DobyMick

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
I recently got my rig together and booting and even had windows loaded. I then noticed that while installing drivers sometimes the machine would reboot twice instead of just once when installing things. I passed it off as being a hardware nuance until I got stuck in never ending reboot loops a few times. Does anyone know what could cause this and what might fix it?

E8400
Gigabyte EPU43-DS3L
Visiontek 4870
2gigs Corsair 1066 / 4 gigs of G.Skill 1066 (I get the same problems with either ram loadout)
WD6400AAKS

fleakiller

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
First i would start with the 2gigs only sence you did not state the model # of ram i would see what corsair says about what voltage is and go from there

mjam

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
^ agree with supremelaw, entirely.

FWIW, statistically the #1 issue I've seen to cause this kind of behavior is RAM--usually a bad stick or slot, possibly undervolted. Had another just yesterday...

The #2 issue I've seen to cause this, unfortunately, is a corrupt OS--typically a counterfeit one with a bad install disk.

Just my $.02 worth...

DobyMick

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Well I failed a prime95 test in under 30 minutes so I think that I have some ram problems. I am using one set of ram at a time but I have had troubles using either set. I am giong to increase my ram voltages and stet my timings manually to what I am supposed to be able to run and see what happens.

DobyMick

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
No problems yet since using the one corsair stick and setting voltages and timings on it. Guess ill work with the gskill set next