Sign in with
Your question

Case Fan Switches? Easy Question (I hope)

Last response: in Components
November 13, 2008 10:57:03 PM

The case I purchased for my first DIY PC Build came with 2 already attached case fans. They both have a switch, L-M-H, am I supposed to set these at whatever my required setting is and then just leave them inside the case? Or am I supposed to be able to somehow use them when everything is put together? I don't see any slots or access holes for this to happen.

Antec 300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 248 ) Power supply
November 13, 2008 11:22:27 PM

Yes, you can use the switches to manually set fan speed. I do not know about mounting the switches though. I can't recall anyone posting a smiliar question. Anything in the user's manual?
November 13, 2008 11:53:18 PM

Nope. Just says they are for fan speed. I guess they just hang out inside with all the other cables. Maybe I'll mess with the case in the future to mount on the outside somehow.

Thanks for confirming what I already thought.
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
November 14, 2008 5:29:40 AM

Toms Hardware just did a review of 13 mid-tower cases. The link to the article is still on the home page. The Antec 300 did very well. I took a look at the close up photos. The switches just dangle inside the case.
November 14, 2008 5:37:26 AM

Thanks for furthering the confirmation. That case was recommended by a couple posters and I bought 2 days before that review came out. Needless to say I was stoked that I picked the one they were recommending.
!