Sign in with
Your question

GA-EP45-UD3P won't boot

Last response: in Motherboards
December 14, 2008 2:54:14 AM

I installed a Q6600 with 4 gigs of OCZ reaper PC2 8500 a Seagate 1.5 terabyte, XFX Geforce 9600 GSO and a Zalman 9700LED cooler.Dropping the cpu in is easy, only one way it can go in. I tightened the Zalman cooler bracket pretty tight, installed the cooler per instruction (video on Zalman website was great), installed hd, video card, dvd rom turned it on and the three case fans worked, the Zalman lit up and the fan moved for 1/10 of a second and no picture. The lights on the mb work, case fans work, cpu cooler fan won't work. What do you think is wrong, mb or processor? I tried a different video card, reinstalled the processor without the cooler and still no picture. Any other way to figure what is wrong, thanks.

More about : ep45 ud3p boot

a c 234 V Motherboard
December 14, 2008 3:13:18 AM

Did you connect the 8-pin CPU power cable?
December 14, 2008 3:25:04 AM

I have the same board.

Do you get the 1-beep (from the case/motherboard speaker) when you press the power button?
Related resources
December 14, 2008 3:09:01 PM

Well, I didn' connect the 8 pin cpu power connector!! The 8 pin that came with my case doesn't seem to match up with the connector. I have a couple 3 pin with 2 pin pigtails off of them that might match up. I can't believe the 8 pin connector won't fit perfectly. I'll have to look again. Thanks.
a c 234 V Motherboard
December 14, 2008 3:55:06 PM

At a minimum your PSU should have a 4-pin CPU connector. That should be enough for that system.
December 14, 2008 4:44:24 PM

No luck at first. The 8 pin doesn't match exactly, but 1 4 pin has squares in the connector so I put that one where it had to go and the other 4 pin with ovals went in the square and oval connector on the mb. I then was reading the manual for the video card and low and behold the video card needs power. That's what the connectors that say pci-e are for. It now boots up, everything works except the damn Zalman 9700 LED cpu cooler. I wonder if the cpu has to get to a certain temperature before it turns on. I've tried it in 3 and 4 pin connectors and it still won't turn on.

Well it now says insert boot disk, I believe this is the vista disk. How long should I run the computer if the cpu cooler fan doesn't turn on. Thanks for all you help.
a c 234 V Motherboard
December 14, 2008 6:10:34 PM

Normally your cooler fan should be connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard. It's possible the fan from Zalman is defective. Don't run the system without proper CPU cooling.
December 14, 2008 6:32:37 PM

Got everything working. I had to push the wire in a little bit on the cpu cooler. Thanks for all your help. Now I need to figure out how to overclock to 3.0 Does anyone have any easy how to's. Thanks again.
!